Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Audio smart? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SIRESMERPH
if your a first timer in getting a system put in, you also wanna take into consideration how much "money in the bank" you got and willing to spend. what's the spending limit? yea best buy and circuit city, i wouldn't recomend going to one of them shops for install. what you may wanna check out is some local audio video shops and see what "packages" they may be offering at the time. a couple of years ago i got an Alphasonic amp, 2 10s and the box for only $350. i already had the radio w/7 in flip out screen. mind you, you still need an amp wiring kit. as far as hooking everything up...post questions when you are ready...as i have been reading on here for a couple of months and everyone is very knoledgable (spell check) in alot of areas, and others, like me, do our own work and installs. check out my thread in here in the audio video postings. as far as power and how loud you wanna go...again it's preference and money. the more power/reliability, the more money. from what i understand 12s for more bass/air, and 10s for clarity...although you can still get very good clarity our of some 12s...it's all how you wire and tune everything up. if you don't wanna go too extreme, and still want some space in your car, maybe some 10s with about 5-600 watts max and a amp with i'd say about 600 watts max. that should give your speakers about 250-300 watts rms and the amp 3-400 wats rms...give or take and someone correct me if im wrong....please! the rms is the watts what you will be bumpin to...and if you are looking into big bumpin check out what's his name with the big ol box and 8 10in speakers....WOW. that should give you somewhere to start...hope it helps...also remember don't let shops hype you into spending more money cus "well sir these speakers got 1000 watts and this amp's got 2000 watts"...cus speakers and amps are like Lambos and Ferraris....when and where are you gonna have that much space to use up all that power
sorry, but you sound like the average misinformed consumer...dont get mad its just true. there are 15's that can have excellent SQ over many 10's it is dependent on the Thiele-Small parameters or "T/S" this will give you the best indicator as to how a loudspeaker will perform and its ideal enclosure.

i have gotten louder on one 10" DD sub than the guy with 8-10's

Originally Posted by stick
I'm guessing here you are talking about a factory wire not a wire from an amp.
yes...the path of least resistance. to be honest with you if you ran a 1/0 Guage to the alternator and 1/0 ground from the engine block to the chassis would greatly enhance the performance of your charging system. pm me i can explain more if needed
Old 09-08-2007, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by quest51210
sorry, but you sound like the average misinformed consumer...dont get mad its just true. there are 15's that can have excellent SQ over many 10's it is dependent on the Thiele-Small parameters or "T/S" this will give you the best indicator as to how a loudspeaker will perform and its ideal enclosure.

i have gotten louder on one 10" DD sub than the guy with 8-10's
no prob.....just going by my own experience, cus of the fact that I do and have been misinformd about alot of audio stuff....like what the heck is Thiele-Small parameters? that to me just sounds like it's gonna cost more money. i learn, trial by error, with some advice here and there, but mostly on my own, poping fuses, burning myself, and my wife yelling at me to quit acting childish when i blow sumthin up...again no prob..so long as we all learn somthing.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Banned

T/S Parameters are the specs for each sub...these parameters exhibit how a particular driver will perform in sealed/vented enclosures.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:46 AM

sure are alot of jbl fans on here :) not that thats a bad thing lol