Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

HHR Noise & Vibration Reduction

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 12:07 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by OrangeWhip
The Coors Light's great. I went home, and started gutting my car for more dynamat. Now the rain is impeding the progress. I'm gungho to get my build back in action as well, now that I have the car again.

This rain is a killer. Worst comes to worst, I can stay at the shop until the wee morning hours if needed, and we can bring the car out there. I just have got to make some room.

Like I said man, I'm all about the helping out.
Once we get this done we can meet up at some cruise nights and stuff.

Do your Roof man, you heard the Difference it makes.
Just make sure to keep it Drivable, so you can get here.

Yeah the rains coming here Soon, I put everything away, but I am so close Nothings gonna stop me from finishing this out. I'll sit out in the rain tomorrow to get it all Done if I have to.

That was wild to find out who your Dad is. Small world.

Thanks
Old 07-28-2011, 12:12 AM
Rest In Peace

Oh BTW,

I popped those black rubber caps off of the tops of the Panels rear doors and used a tube of clear silicone to fill in the gap between the two metal sheets I can't get to to put on the audio barrier. I gotta run and get 1 more tube, I ran out as I was about to fill the last hole. (5 in each door were the glass would be if it had glass) I filled them pretty good then popped the rubber caps back on.

Once dry that should give the upper metal some support and help keep the metal quiet.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by American & Proud
Oh BTW,

I popped those black rubber caps off of the tops of the Panels rear doors and used a tube of clear silicone to fill in the gap between the two metal sheets I can't get to to put on the audio barrier. I gotta run and get 1 more tube, I ran out as I was about to fill the last hole. (5 in each door were the glass would be if it had glass) I filled them pretty good then popped the rubber caps back on.

Once dry that should give the upper metal some support and help keep the metal quiet.
My dad couldn't believe I was by your house today... lol

That system will be beatin' by Sunday night.

My system is on hold until after I get my control arms, lowering springs, and brakes put on.

I can't wait to get the black interior into mine. I'll let you know on Friday about that.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:07 AM
Rest In Peace

My dad couldn't believe I was by your house today... lol

That system will be beatin' by Sunday night.

My system is on hold until after I get my control arms, lowering springs, and brakes put on.

I can't wait to get the black interior into mine. I'll let you know on Friday about that.
Funny how it came out in our early convo. Never expected it. lol

I sure hope so, I want to get my Panel back on the road and Rockin.

Yeah, best to get those things taken care of, then slam out your system wildly. Love your pillars, you should post pics of those.

Let me know they are here and in great shape as you saw.

Bring that other Pioneer stuff you mentioned along with you if you remember it.

Weather for Friday calling for storms, but suppose to clear up around 4pm.

Old 07-29-2011, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by American & Proud
Funny how it came out in our early convo. Never expected it. lol

I sure hope so, I want to get my Panel back on the road and Rockin.

Yeah, best to get those things taken care of, then slam out your system wildly. Love your pillars, you should post pics of those.

Let me know they are here and in great shape as you saw.

Bring that other Pioneer stuff you mentioned along with you if you remember it.

Weather for Friday calling for storms, but suppose to clear up around 4pm.

Soooo where abouts are you guys in IL.. Im just in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.. not terribly far from the Chicago land area..
Old 07-29-2011, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Eric B
Soooo where abouts are you guys in IL.. Im just in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.. not terribly far from the Chicago land area..

I'm in Elmwood Park. Kinda the N/W side of Chicago. A&P is like South of me by a few miles. I'm planning on getting something together in Algonquin at my shop sooner or later.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:46 AM
Rest In Peace

I'm in Elmwood Park. Kinda the N/W side of Chicago. A&P is like South of me by a few miles. I'm planning on getting something together in Algonquin at my shop sooner or later.
Brandon covered the location.

Let me know Brandon, I'd go for sure.

Still showing the T Storms to be gone by 4pm Friday.

Were still on for install ? Countdown to ROCKIN!

Old 07-29-2011, 11:59 PM
Rest In Peace

OrangeWhip stopped by after his workday today and ran all new speaker wiring into the doors, up the pillars for the new tweeters, and to the back end for hooking up the amps. He ran the 3 sets of RCA's I had on hand.

I ran my rear view camera wiring up through the rear hatch were the oem wiring runs and along one side of the roof to the front and down the pillar and stuffed all that extra length of wiring into the side of the dash on the passenger side as the side of the dash pops off and was a perfect spot to hide the cameras wires and some small metal box it has.

I will be putting my carpet back in and start getting some of the interior back in place, then OrangeWhip will be back on Sunday to install the speakers in the doors and do all the wiring hookups.

Should have it hooked up and working Sunday.

The amps will be put on a Temporary amp rack and the 12" sub will be in a sub box as a Temorary setup then we will get to work on the actual permanent Custom setup. This way I am up and running while we figure out some of the Custom parts of the install.

Thanks for coming out tonight Brandon.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:52 PM

It's almost done... And Scott, you're welcome bro.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:21 AM
Rest In Peace

It's almost done... And Scott, you're welcome bro.
Hey Brandon, Thanks BIG TIME for all your Expert help on this.

I think my brain was frying towards the end in the heat and dang humidity.

I cut out more of the dash after you left and got the head unit back in place.
Swapped out the AC/Heat/Heated seats control unit.
Installed some more interior panels up front, put the front passengers seat in.
Took it for a Ride and cranked some tunes and picked up a couple 2 litres of Coke, cranked some tunes on the way home.

Just walked in the door and am having a Coke and a Smoke before I go back outside and get some more work done tonight.

As for the sysatem itself, we both agree that it sounds real Good.
BUT (theres Always a "But" isn't there?)

My 12" sub woofer is Not sounding all that good at the moment.

Brandon and I both think it has ALOT to do with the TEMP. Bandpass Box we put it in.
I gotta do something ASAP to FIX that. I bought the box only as a Temporary box, turns out it is just totally the Wrong type of box for my sub woofer. (Bought it Months before I picked the sub.)
Once we get that swapped out I am hoping for more out of the Sub itself.

Thanks again Brandon, had a good time working on the Panel with you.
Thanks for the compliments on it, even tho you have seen it at it's Dirtiest and fully Gutted out.
Wait till I get everything back in and Detail the heck out of it, and you see it then.

Once I get the interior all in I will give you a call and see what we can come up with for the actual Custom Amp Rack and built in sub box.

Quick Reply: HHR Noise & Vibration Reduction