Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

High End Audio Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 07:57 PM

To explain a little more on flush mounting the sub in the enclose, I took a few more pictures to give a little better details. The lower box has a smaller diameter cut out. The upper trunk lid has a larger diameter to accept the speaker. Also shown are the counter sunk screws in the lid (baffle) that attach the box to the lid.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:13 PM

Another item arrived today to get us closer to our final goal. Best Lie wanted how much for both sets ???? $200.00 plus tax ???? WOW !! This was also a flea bay purchase !!!! Coming in at a cool $115.00 for both sets including shipping was something I was able to do . RCA cables are extremely important, spend some money on your wire and cables. This is the nervous system of your install. If you have problems there, the entire system will suffer.
Stinger 8000 series RCA cables. 8217 and the 8417. (17) feet was a little over kill for Honey,s Hot Rod, but it is best to be 4 feet too long then 4 inches short. We have 6 live channels from the future head unit , and the amps to accept the signals. We have an active 6 channel system , tweeters, mid bass and sub woofer. Our head unit will have an active 3 way x-over system and 6 channels of amp.
Stay tuned for the next episode .........
Old 06-04-2013, 01:02 AM

very nice build and great pictures to follow along with.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:49 AM

Great job man
Old 06-04-2013, 08:16 AM

Very nice craftsmanship!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 02:55 PM

Thanks for the comps. It is going to take a minute to get this little project completed. I will update this thread as progress happens. This weekend will allow more time for progress.. I am currently looking at the factory battery and factory wiring in the wheel well. Needs upgrades in a bad way............
My wife joined this forum to get an answer about her thermostat and the answer was right on point. With that, I knew that this was going to be a good group to exchange knowledge with .
Thanks Again for the comments...
( Ms. Becky's Husband)Greg
Old 06-05-2013, 11:29 AM

We took the mat this morning to Matworks for the border around the sub. Small issue with the backing on the OEM mat. Too thick for his machine to sew. Plan B will go into action now. We will have the company make a new mat to fit the area with the embroidered HHR logo. It will be an added expense we did not fore see.
Greg
Old 06-06-2013, 07:43 PM

Today I started working on the A- Pillar tweeter mounts. To my surprise there is enough room behind the plastic trim to loose a small child in there . Plenty of room to mount an aftermarket tweeter well above the factory location . So here we go with the first step of the process to get to our final product ..
PS.... Her only request was not to cut her car. Well technically I did not cut the car , it was only the plastic trim that I could easily replace...
Old 06-06-2013, 07:54 PM

First step was to cut some test rings at work . This is only temporary rings to work from . Once I establish the angles , they will be a mold for the tweeter and the plastic to housed together.
Cut in sets of 3/4 on the short point and 10 degrees. 5/8 on the short point and 5 degrees.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:59 PM

After cleaning the abs protectant off of the trim pieces, I applied plenty of blue tape to be able to lay out the desired elevations on the trim pieces . I am right below the push in clip behind the trim piece with my mark .

Quick Reply: High End Audio Install