Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

pioneer 5800 install experts in here please

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by mudbilly
where is that fuse panel located?? i was wondering why my under hood fuse panel did not look like the pic you posted in the other thread i was using..........i just assumed that our fuse panels looked different
It is located right HERE:

(please disregard the baloons with letters/numbers)
Old 08-15-2006, 08:05 AM

I'd like to thank everyone for the help, y'all are the greatest

I wish I had done my homework, BEFORE I fished the wire thru the firewall AND drilled a hole into my master fuse box under the hood.........
Old 08-15-2006, 08:19 AM

very annoying

so, last night is the first night that i got to cruise with the new tunes........

now I am not pleased with the 5800's display. All I want is a black background with the clock and tuner/CD display info...........I can set it to that, but it keeps toggling back and forth between that and a bright background with black indicators...........

Does anyone know of a way to set this so taht it doesn't keep changing??? I CANNOT live with that distraction......

if not, i'm gonna rip it out and return it, find buy something else
Old 08-15-2006, 08:47 AM

Buy something else, buy an Alpine!

Ng
Old 08-15-2006, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by ng8650
Buy something else, buy an Alpine!

Ng
i really DID not do my DD on this stereo selection like i should have............was too darn impatient, you'd think that I was a little kid

I just got off the phone with Pioneer, there is a blurb in the beginning of the manual about how this is called "demo" mode. the book says to power off the unit and then press button "5" to turn the "demo mode reversing background graphics off".....................................

good try, but button 5 is the button that opens the secret door to get to the CD input....................i just kept hitting different buttons until it worked the way I want........turns out that it is the 5th radio station set button.............

guess I'll keep the pioneer....................

all i have to do now is install the new front speakers (the ones with the seperate tweeters)

and get the steering wheel remote switches to work.............

and then probably rip it all apart to install an sub and amps
Old 08-15-2006, 09:08 AM

and who was the marketing genius

that decided that you have to flip down the front panel in order to get to the CD slot ?????????? this stupid feature added cost and complexity while lowering robustness...........not to mention taking your eyes off the road for a longer time while you are pressing extra buttons............

the unit could have cost less OR that money could have been used for important thing...........like better sound..................

the above is being emailed to Pioneer corporate

OK, enough ranting for today
Old 08-20-2006, 10:40 AM

Talking ah, another sunday

and ready for the next challange ...........

first off, a couple pics.....

this is where/how NOT to get switched 12v............although it does work today, i'll remove that and RTV the hole shut....and then hook it up to int fusebox in the passanger department so that I get the radio on until door open feature again

Name:  1stfuseboxmod.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  55.4 KB

and here are a couple shots of the current state of my garage workbench...........

Name:  clutterbench1.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  54.6 KB

today i'll be starting to install 2 amps, running all the new wires/cables and

Getting ready to remove the panel where the factory sub woofer would have gone if I had gotten one.....going to install an 8" sub there,

anyone know if there is any special procedure for this or anything that i can break????
Old 08-20-2006, 10:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mudbilly
Getting ready to remove the panel where the factory sub woofer would have gone if I had gotten one.....going to install an 8" sub there,

anyone know if there is any special procedure for this or anything that i can break????
Use the search. I have decribed how to do it in the past complete with pictures and step by step instructions.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:57 AM

thanks captain,

what words should i use to seach with?? any chance you have a link to that thread handy???
Old 08-20-2006, 11:04 AM
Banned

Give me a minute and I'll dig it up.

Quick Reply: pioneer 5800 install experts in here please