Radio Bass & Treble Resets Itself - Chevy HHR Network

Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Old 08-10-2017, 10:09 AM   #1

Radio Bass & Treble Resets Itself

I have a 2009 HHR SS. On the radio display, I'll go the menu to set the Bass/Mid/Treble where I want it. On random occasions, without rhyme or reason, the radio will reset these (i.e., go back to flat sound). I'm clueless why this happens randomly. Has anybody seen this before?

(note: on a few occasions where I've disconnected the battery, it will reset to flat sound and under those circumstances, I'd expect that behavior; but not at other random times when battery power has been maintained)

Thanks in advance,
M Ridzon
m_ridzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 02:27 PM   #2

Kinda answers your question, loose ground wire or power wire , loose radio fuse.
Just like disconnecting the battery a loose point of continuity will reset the radio
Oldblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldblue View Post
Kinda answers your question, loose ground wire or power wire , loose radio fuse.
Just like disconnecting the battery a loose point of continuity will reset the radio
Hmm, that might make sense. However, every time the radio loses power from a battery disconnect, it will lose its place on the podcast I play from the USB port. But in these various random instances, I noticed the podcast has not lost its place, but yet the audio restores to flat sound. So it doesn't seem like a power loss to the radio.

M Ridzon
m_ridzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:15 PM   #4

Here's my experience, probably won't help you, but maybe. For over a year, when I would plug into the aux port, I would get a high pitch background sound. It got louder as I turned up the volume, but get it loud enough, it wasn't as noticeable.

I tolerated it till recently, when occasionally the display would start to spaz out. Some of the preset buttons don't work either, so I figured I really needed a new headunit.

Well, one time the display started to spaz out, for some reason I thought I would try something. I gently, but firmly, pressed the faceplate in. The display cleared up. A bonus was that the high pitch noise went away also. I occasionally still have to push in the faceplate.

So something is loose, but probably internally, and beyond my ability to fix. I'll still get a new headunit someday.

I finally figured out how to set the time. The preset button for the hour works, but the one for the minute doesn't. I pulled the RDO fuse today, and replaced it at the top of the hour. Now I can adjust the hour until the clock is right again!!
RJ_RS_SS_350 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:04 PM   #5

So still something electrical is loose. Possibly internal
Oldblue is online now   Reply With Quote