Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Sub install

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 08:31 AM

I can't wait till I get some sound in my hhr.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:04 PM

Wow, you guys are great......

Thanks for the pics and the response, this is very helpful. It does look like it would be impossible to get a sub or two under the cargo area, without taking out the spare(and im not willing to do that). Im wondering if a 10" could be squeezed in place of the pioneer sub spot, and then maybe another 10" could be put in directly across from it in the same place. I dont know if I would be willing to cut up the plastic walls though...........

If anyone happens to take off the panel with the pioneer sub in it could they please post a pic, i'd like to see what we have to work with back there.

Thanks for everyones help,

Todd
Old 11-02-2005, 12:31 PM

lol spare tire is GONE for me. Gives me plenty of room. Its called road side assistance. :)
Old 11-02-2005, 12:56 PM

On the OTHER HHR site, there is an article on a Boston Acustic system designed to go in spare cargo area with spare tire. Can be seen and read about, here

http://www.hhrclub.org/galleries/hhr...stem-concepts/

Later,
Mark
Old 11-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Banned

Thats why they make run flats. I had a set of Toyo Proxies on Mustang and I ran over a piece of metal in the parking lot of where I work. I work at a large machine shop so it wasn't a little piece of metal that would cause a slow leak it was a big sharp chunk that punctured the tire and drained all the air. I drove home 13 miles at an average speed of about 80 and never even noticed it pulling or anything. It was my rear drive tire. I was able to have it plugged with no sidewall damage. You have to love run flats. If there is one thing I learned from the import and foriegn crowd is that you need run flats. Then you could ditch your spare with no second thought. Sorry i keep bringing up my Mustang now that I'm a Chevy guy.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Markiemark
On the OTHER HHR site, there is an article on a Boston Acustic system designed to go in spare cargo area with spare tire. Can be seen and read about, here

http://www.hhrclub.org/galleries/hhr...stem-concepts/

Later,
Mark
Not bad but its more fun to design your own.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:44 PM

amen
Old 02-01-2006, 09:44 AM

Ive been racking my brain trying to figure out how I can add subs without taking out the spair plus leaving the cargo are open and I can't.So last night I decided I'm going to lose the spare tire and build a sub floor.I figure if I go on a road trip it wont be a big deal to throw the spare in the back and I will just take advantage of the roadside around town.If anybody as any plans of putting in a subfloor let me know.As always pics would be awesome.I think I may start this weekend.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:02 AM

I've been thinking about doing the same thing. I just don't want to loose all my space back there. I've almost decided on just putting a jl w6 (i think it will fit) where the factory sub goes. But if you can figure anything out it'd be nice to see what you think. The only thing I could come up with would be to take out the spare and mount everything underneath and then build some type of grill or something ontop of it. I just don't see how that would look good. If it could be done I think if you could make a bandpass box and port it and have the holes going the two compartments right by it it'd look nice. I don't know I'm just babling. :)
Old 02-01-2006, 10:04 AM

btw captain If you can get me some pics of what it looks like behind the panel where the factory subs goes thatd be awesome. I'd just like to know what I'm getting into before I tear into it.

Quick Reply: Sub install