Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

sync for 06 headunit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 05:36 PM

sync for 06 headunit?

I have an 06 hhr bone stock. No stock system amps that im aware of. I got subs and 540 watt amp in the back. All im waiting on is my Head unit. Im buying the Kenwood DPX-3084. This radio looks supierior for the double din. I orderd the crutchfield suggested PAC GM radio adapter. C2R-GM11. I dont care about chimes, just want to do it right. Some say no need for system sync with adapter. some say its needed no matter what. either way If someone knows forsure i'd greatly appreciate it. If so what does mechanic need to do? is it as simple as a plug in tool or does he need behind the din. Labor rates are expensive, trying save some unnessecary time.
Also this adapter was shown on another website with rca jacks. Im assuming thats with the stock amp. For my subs sake, I hope there Not needed.
Another crazy rumor, Iv heard these airbags deploy if currents sent to the wrong place. I unhook ground cable so need to worry, but has anyone else heard of this?
Old 08-06-2012, 08:17 PM

Not sure what "system sync" you are referring to.
If you dont care about the chimes/signals, then you dont need that pac adapter, just snip wires from the factory radio and wire them to the aftermarket radio according to the instructions.
I dont know your level of experience, but it seems like you need to do a little more research before you go any farther. Get the installation manuals for your head unit and amp, give them a good read, understand the basics of the connections.
Ill try to outline some of it for you.
For the radio to function, you need connections for power, ground, accessory, antenna, and the four door speakers.
It sounds like you have a sub box with a separate sub amp, so that would be an rca cable and remote signal wire from the head unit to the amp, and wiring and fusing the amp into the electrical system.

If youre not comfortable doing that, take everything to a trusted shop and pay them to do it. You wont save yourself any money by sticking the radio in and handing it over to the pros to finish.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:21 AM

Im an experienced mechanic. I asked about a radio sync and doing stuff right which you know nothing about. rigging radios in these things are veryyyy dangerous. ECUs talk to everything including the radio..... Asnwer the question i asked and dont roll over on what you thought i asked Im a professional in schematics and wiring. dont have to tell me
Old 08-10-2012, 09:25 AM

Radio sync has been apart of every radio swapping fourm on the internet. people swear the radio will just read scripts if not sync'd to body ecu