Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Type of music

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 11:00 AM

Type of music

What type of music do HHR owners like? Personally, I listen to classic rock (and the comedy channels on XM) most of the time. But I also like jazz, sometimes classical; just about anything except rap.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Lee3333
just about anything except rap.
That sums me up. I even listen to music I don't understand. Polish Opera, German Country music is really different if anyone ever gets a chance to listen to some. Oldies, Classic Rock, Modern Rock, Alternative, Jazz, All music is great. Except for rap. Its retarded. All they do is tell you what to do. Ontop of that most of the "rappers" arent even talented. I always though Tech 9ine was good, only because that guy can rap faster than anything, but I can still understand him.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:37 AM

Let's see......classic rock, Irish folk (and bawdy pub songs), bagpipe bands (I've been a piper for 6 years)
Old 02-23-2006, 11:44 AM

I'm a recording engineer (30+ years now) also, so have a wide variety of musical tastes. Mostly jazz or any type of music with a "live, open" sound. I hate the uber-layered and hyper-compressed sound many of today's CD's are fronting. Give me something with depth and detail where I can pick out all the instruments in the mix. (what did you expect!)

As a side note - I haven't cared much for rap either in the past, but last year I had an opportunity to mix and master for a rap artist in South Carolina. That was the first rap style I've actually enjoyed (*of course, I had a lot of input on the final sound). If you want to hear some clips of my work, they can be found HERE. (The rap artist's song is "Carolina Anthem")

Good thread idea!
Old 02-23-2006, 12:02 PM

Everything...including rap and Latin music. That is one of the big reasons I subscribe to Sirius satellite radio.

I was born in the 70's when Disco was big, so I like that. In the early 80's Breakdancing was big, so I like all music that was influenced from that era, rap, hip-hop, RnB, soul, etc. I lived in Puerto Rico for a couple of years, so I like most Latin music, Salsa Merengue, Reggaeton etc. The late 80's Metal was big, so I even like bands like Metallica. Early 90's Alternative was big, so I like bands like Nirvana. Add to the list Reggae, classic rock, and some Country music. I am an equal opportunity music lover.

Ng
Old 02-23-2006, 12:23 PM

Jazz, Swing, Blues, A lil' Country, And Reggae. Oh yeah, A lil rock too.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:24 PM

I pretty much listen to Classic Rock, 50's-80's music, Alternative, some techno, and even been known to tinker around with Country music now and then. Oh and can't forget latin music. Cumbia, Tejano, Merengue, Salsa, etc. Gotta stick to the latin Heritage. ARRIBA!! However I absolutely stay away from all Opera, Rap, and this modern junk they consider Pop Music...
Old 02-23-2006, 12:27 PM

I like Punk,Hip Hop and some Metal.I'm not talking about the pop punk BS they play on MTV and the radio.I like stuff like Wu Tang,Nas,Outkast,2 Pac,Biggie,Ludacris,Lagwagon,BigWig,88 fingers Louie,Rise Against,System of a Down,God Forbid.Stuff like that.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:29 PM
Banned

I listen to so many types of music and so many bands I can't even beging to start listing. I mostly listen to Hip-Hop, Metal, Punk, Hardcore, and good old fashon Rock & Roll. But like I said I dig tons of music so pretty much everything is fair game to my ears even stuff like Surf, Swing, and Raggae. The only music I don't really dig is Pop music with all of it's disposable stars and most County music. I do have a liking for Rockabilly and Honky Tonk music so I don't hate all Country music either. Right now in my six disk I have The Kottonmouth Kings, The Misfits, Styles of Beyond, Rancid, Danzig, and Slayer, but that will change of course. I think my all time favorite artist is Glenn Danzig and my all time favorite groups would be The Kottonmouth Kings, The Misfits, Slayer, Biohazard, The Murderdolls, and Slipknot.

Last edited by captain howdy; 02-23-2006 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:48 PM

I listen to Hard Rock and Metal. I also like Oldies every now and than,it's a little relaxing compared to what I really like, lol.

Quick Reply: Type of music