Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Wiring Harness, Several Available, which work?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by arstron
They must have sent the wrong thing to me then, I just have the base cd player. Both of the harnesses had the exact same wires, in the exact same locations, with the exact same plugs.
Its been said that you have to rearrange some of the wires on the harness I guess. I dont know if I should order this but I do need a harness for my new HU..I dont really want the chimes either.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by JoshManHHR
Just got off the phone with Crutchfield. The sales rep told me that they will NEVER carry a wiring harness for the HHR due to the nature of warning chime system. What kind of crap is that? These guys are supposed to be the leaders of aftermarket installs. I am really loving the Alpine CDA-9856. The idea of controlling my ipod through the head-unit is amazing. It's a great unit, too bad crutchfield refuses to find a working harness because they throw those things in free when you order a head unit.

I am still waiting on the Delco wiring harness with the LAN adapter. I will keep you guys posted.

All you had to do was read my post earlier in this thread. We have been on top of this since day one. We were the first to carry Scosche's HHR Radio Dash Kit, and will have the GM LAN harness as soon as it's released.

Here's my earlier post:

Just to save you some grief, we will be carrying the Scoche GM LAN Adapter when it is released.

Currently none of the adapters on the market work with the HHR's low-speed GM LAN system.

From my Scosche rep:

"Mike, it is a priority and we are working on it, but it may be SEMA ish before we finish our through testing and R&D. I’ll keep you updated. Sorry for the delays."
SEMA is at the end of October...
Old 07-21-2006, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
All you had to do was read my post earlier in this thread. We have been on top of this since day one. We were the first to carry Scosche's HHR Radio Dash Kit, and will have the GM LAN harness as soon as it's released.

Here's my earlier post:

Just to save you some grief, we will be carrying the Scoche GM LAN Adapter when it is released.

Currently none of the adapters on the market work with the HHR's low-speed GM LAN system.

From my Scosche rep:

"Mike, it is a priority and we are working on it, but it may be SEMA ish before we finish our through testing and R&D. I’ll keep you updated. Sorry for the delays."
SEMA is at the end of October...

Dunno about Scosche, but Metra had the HHR dash kit out for well over a year before the HHR was even released, since it's the same kit for a few other cars...
Old 07-21-2006, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by JoshManHHR
Just got off the phone with Crutchfield. The sales rep told me that they will NEVER carry a wiring harness for the HHR due to the nature of warning chime system. What kind of crap is that? These guys are supposed to be the leaders of aftermarket installs. I am really loving the Alpine CDA-9856. The idea of controlling my ipod through the head-unit is amazing. It's a great unit, too bad crutchfield refuses to find a working harness because they throw those things in free when you order a head unit.
I bought the same unit, Alpine 56, from Crutchfield. Haven't installed mine yet, hopefully this weekend. I don't have an Ipod but I will be hooking up my Sirius S-50 via the rear aux input (one reason why I bought). The three RCA outputs was another reason why I bought this unit and of course the price.

I was also dissapointed with the lack of a harness and adapter from Crutchfield. But they had free shipping and no sales tax so I was buying with them regardless...

Ng
Old 07-21-2006, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by snova031
Dunno about Scosche, but Metra had the HHR dash kit out for well over a year before the HHR was even released, since it's the same kit for a few other cars...
We are talking about the GM LAN interface, not the dash kit.
The LAN interface takes a lot of development time, and it will be a pricey unit (around $70), that is why it is taking so long to bring to market.

Personally, I could never wait this long for an interface - cutting off the plugs and wiring direct was a much easier solution (unless you have phone/onstar in your HHR). There is plenty of extra harness in the HHR, and it can be pulled out and cutoff easily. For those worried about replacing the stock unit later - a handful of butt connectors will reattach the stock plugs in minutes. All you have to do is match up the colors. (hard for some, I know! )
Old 07-21-2006, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
We are talking about the GM LAN interface, not the dash kit.
The LAN interface takes a lot of development time, and it will be a pricey unit (around $70), that is why it is taking so long to bring to market.

Personally, I could never wait this long for an interface - cutting off the plugs and wiring direct was a much easier solution (unless you have phone/onstar in your HHR). There is plenty of extra harness in the HHR, and it can be pulled out and cutoff easily. For those worried about replacing the stock unit later - a handful of butt connectors will reattach the stock plugs in minutes. All you have to do is match up the colors. (hard for some, I know! )
Ah, thought you meant dash kit.

AFAIK Metra has also not released any interface for the new GM's...I could care less though, I don't mind not having any chimes...:)
Old 07-21-2006, 04:33 PM

Agreed. Chimes...just not my thang!
Old 07-21-2006, 06:12 PM

chimes, who needs those damn things anyway. they just take away from my music.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:07 PM

I can understand g-pa needs the turn signal clicker...'cause I see him in front of me on the freeway! (click...click...click...)
Old 07-22-2006, 11:58 AM

Started deconstruction of my HHR last night for my stereo install. I test fitted the ebay wiring harness and it does fit both OEM connectors. I didn't have time to check the wire positions, that will probably wait until tomorrow.

Ng

Quick Reply: Wiring Harness, Several Available, which work?