Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

Installed TTR Sway Bar

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 10:02 AM

Is the "leftover" TTR sway bar still available?
Old 05-20-2010, 10:37 AM

TTR installed

Installation done 2 days ago, and drove 450 miles yesterday. The ride on my HHR feels more secure. The vehicle feels "glued" to the road. I'm noticing a slight improvement even in routine driving. Is this just the "placebo effect" of my knowing the bar is there, or is this really as good as I think it is?
Old 05-21-2010, 01:05 AM
Platinum Member

It's that good...
The rear axle flex before the Rear Bar is quite a lot. Thus the body roll also..

Mine hugs bends like almost on rails..And stays flat doing it too..
TTR Bar & SS/TC springs
Old 05-21-2010, 11:20 PM

He'll find out first time he tries a left short turn 90 on a two lane at 70+ and doesn't even blink...but watch the 'tude, sometimes you may forget its still capable of sliding and it will remind you when you least expect it, when your not paying attention.....
Old 05-21-2010, 11:45 PM
Platinum Member

true dat...
Old 06-08-2010, 06:08 PM

Got my bar on today. (childish thread fodder?)

Blue Loc-Tite that's been sitting in my toolbox unopened for >25 years and 45 lbs of Snap-On torque.
A pair of 4' 2x10s to get her up on the $25 craiglist-special heavy-duty ramps.

I'll post a review after I take a midnight Hellride.

here are the money shots

Old 06-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Platinum Member

Cool, I think you will be pleased with the new handling, I sure am with mine..
Old 06-09-2010, 02:44 AM

I could tell it would be a pleasure just by powering into traffic earlier today.
It did not disappoint.

I just got back from a 120 mile romp out to and around Quabbin Reservoir in Central Mass.

I started with a few hairy back roads that i know pretty well, found a great twisty road down a mountain out
there and took the hairiest, hilliest, tight & twistiest 8.4 mile road around here that I know quite well on the way back.

On/Off ramps were way more comfortable 10 MPH faster than usual.

The twisties on the roads I know are way less scary.

I know it's no miracle bar but I was confident enough on the way back to try not braking on a couple of hard turns that I usually brake for.
They were exciting but I was in control of the car and owned turns that are usually kinda hang on-like

Money well spent

Here's the 8.4 mile route that rocks
Attached Images  
Old 06-09-2010, 10:19 AM

I just want to go a little off topic, but not really and go back to the first post. Just want to clear the record that I DO now notice quite an improvement in handling. I think some of it was my tires, because the tires I had weren't good, and I didn't have good traction. I can take twisty curves and turns going 60 still not even slowing down, and it doesn't even feel bad (like in my truck)...the car just hugs the road. Very nice! Can't wait until I level out the back!!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 04:33 PM

I purchased my bar in December installed it march of this year wanted to wait out the snow and I have to say I installed it flat on the ground not too much of a problem I held it up with one hand and tightned screws one side at a time. I did torque it to 45lbs and it hasn't loosened on me yet. I'm impressed in fact I think it saved my life. I was doing 70 on the highway and a cab swerved into my lane trying to make a last minute exit I veered sharply and my truck(2011 panel) held the road. I feel had it not been for my bar I would have rolled my truck, I could hear my tires biting the pavement and my truck came out of the swerve in a straight line. I have my cobalt springs to install next. Question if I may ask, Is it really that easy just four bolts and no specialty tools required? I would love to do it myself but I am just an amatuer mechanic. Any advice for me, Thanks.

Quick Reply: Installed TTR Sway Bar