General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

09 SS Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by sargechris
hyperv6: what a great deal you received!! I'm pretty happy with my Deal and the Dealer... I don't have a GM card (oops!)... Now to see if it arrives in a reasonable amount of time...
I preach the GM card to anyone planning to buy a GM Vehicle in the next few years. If you pay it off at the end of the month and just put your gas on it this becomes free money.

The shame is they had higher limits in the past and you could take off but now that is only at special times.

On 3 GM cars I have saved $4,000 just with the GM card cash off offer. I have my wife to thank for finding this one.

From what I see anymore too many have lost the art of the car deal and leave money on the table when buying cars.

The later the build the odds you will have the vaccume pump fix for the brakes. So if you wait a little it may not be a bad thing.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:35 AM

WOOHOO!!! Congratulations, Greg!!! I can't wait to see it! I'm hoping in January we'll have a first anniversary at Donut Derelict's (aka, the Fog-Bank cruise--sadly, no Boyd's this time) and/or a first anniversary g2g at Original Mike's here in Santa Ana.

Regardless, looking forward to seeing the VRSS!

@
Old 10-05-2008, 10:56 AM

Thanks again to all! Good info, hyperv6! (I told my wife I need to run out today, Get a GM card, and buy a new boat, motorcycle, & RV to get points before the SS comes in--but she overruled me!!)

And, afs9--I also look forward to attending SoCal HHR events! (hopefully I'll have it by the anniversary)...
Old 10-05-2008, 12:31 PM

Thanks again to all! Good info, hyperv6! (I told my wife I need to run out today, Get a GM card, and buy a new boat, motorcycle, & RV to get points before the SS comes in--but she overruled me!!)

And, afs9--I also look forward to attending SoCal HHR events! (hopefully I'll have it by the anniversary)...
The GM points are transferable as well. I used my sister's points on my S10 back in 1999. She bought her 07 Tahoe back in May of 06 and started 'saving' points for me almost immediately as I told her, Sept 07 was when I planned to get my HHR. So her points were also used as part of the almost $4K I put down (didn't want to trade in the S10--I love my Indy!).

Tom's Farm is in November and you should still come anyhow--but hopefully we can do DD or Original Mike's again. These were some of the first events where pretty much all of us met at (although some had met before of course!).

@
Old 10-20-2008, 05:55 PM

SS Order Update

As you know I ordered a 09 VRSS on Oct 3rd.. Was informed today that this week (10/20/09) is the "build" week... Seems Chevy is moving rather quickly on this one!! Whoopee!!

I hope to have it by mid-Nov if all goes well..
Old 10-20-2008, 06:51 PM

Just wondering - with all of this talk of "tight credit" - did you have any trouble getting financing?
Old 10-20-2008, 07:15 PM

Haven't checked yet... But I belive it won't be an issue 'cause my FICO is good enough to qualify for GM's new policies (plus I'm probably gonna put 50% down)... They took the order and my deposit without question...
Old 10-22-2008, 04:47 AM

As you know I ordered a 09 VRSS on Oct 3rd.. Was informed today that this week (10/20/09) is the "build" week... Seems Chevy is moving rather quickly on this one!! Whoopee!!

I hope to have it by mid-Nov if all goes well..
Our builds are happening at the same time. I'm hoping to see my ride for the Tom's Farm G2G. My deal is factory invoice, plus the other stuff you mentioned. Taxes, fees and such minus any incentives. The dealer "best guess" estimate on the invoice price was @ 25.5k with the options that I ordered. He hasn't given me any firm price amount yet. All I can find right now for incentives is $500 off, plus the $500 deposit I put down. Since I don't have a trade-in, I am also putting down @ 50% or so.
Anyway, here's hoping to see you at the g2g at Tom's Farm on the 8th of Nov.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:05 AM

Congrats!
Old 10-22-2008, 10:50 AM

Our builds are happening at the same time. I'm hoping to see my ride for the Tom's Farm G2G. My deal is factory invoice, plus the other stuff you mentioned.

pappa smurf: you really think that yours will be delivered before Nov 1st with a build date October 20?? That would be fantastic--I was told that mine wouldn't arrive until around mid-Nov... The invoice on mine was $ 25,153.50.. I'm hoping that Chevy increases the incentives by the time mine arrives (but I'm OK with the currrent $ 500 if that's all they do).. I'll be at Tom's--see you there!!

Quick Reply: 09 SS Ordered