General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

2012 hhr

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 07:10 PM

Saw several Captivas in Turkey while there a couple months ago.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Tuanies
It is actually a very smart move by GM. If they offered the Equinox to rental / fleet customers, it would severely lower resale values of the car. They already had all the tooling from the VUE, which was similar enough, slap a Chevy badge on it and it can be a rental special with **** resale value, but it won't affect the Equinox at all.

Therefore it keeps Equinox owners happy.
Bingo You got the right answer. This is just what GM's plan is on this project. They plan to keep the Nox out of rental and fleets to keep the value up.

They had looked at making the Vue a Buick and it got axed. They came out with this plan and it will work well as the Vue was not a real bad car.

Yes the Honda deal went south with the new Vue. GM really did not need the old Honda anyways as their new engines will do just fine.

The Captiva here is not the same in Europe. That one is one of the last Dawoo's GM did. It was updated and will soon be replaced with a GM Globla unit.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:28 AM

GM is really is about dumb designs any more. I do not understand why all the SUV that they try to get everyone to buy. The car market is about gas mileage. Gas mileage is forcing everyone to go smaller. A box with 3-4 wheels and hope to heck you are not involved in a wreck with a big truck. No open casket case closed.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:12 AM

Fact is small SUV's are some of the hottest selling vehicles out. The new Nox and Terrain are home runs when it comes to sales. They also have had high transaction prices that translate into higher profits.

GM is doing well witht he Cruze and Malbu. The Cruze is not even clost to a year old and they are already nearing 80,000 units. the Malibu is selling close to the Fusion and is being replaced next year with a fully new Malibu.

The Nox with the 4 and the new Malibu will both get over 30 MPG highway and the Cruze will get right at 40 MPG.

The fact is on the larger SUV is that GM is not trying to get people to buy them. For the most when was the last time you ever saw a Tahoe advertised? The fact is they build them because people buy them. Vehicles like the Buick Enclave have been selling and not sitting on lots.

GM wants and needs cars like the Cruze to do well as the higher CAFE come into play in 2015 and will effect all the companies. Look for more DI engines and smaller engines. The new Malibu will be like the Regal and only available with a 4 and turbo 4.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:21 AM

Question

I get on an Equinox/Terrain Forum and most of those members complain about the poor gas mileage of the I-4. Very few approach the 32 mpg rating. Most get about 10 mpg less with routine driving. The ECO mode doesn't seem to improve mileage.

Either those drivers do not know how to drive economically or there are issues with the engine. My HHR gets 30+ average and as much as 38 mpg during road trips over country roads. The E-10 hasn't helped with mileage.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:11 PM

Since getting my 2010 HHR I've noticed a drop in MPG. I was getting about 33 avg when I got it and now about 30mpg on the hwy.

Around town is roughly 24. My 2008 was getting 34/26 or so, I'm not sure why the decrease.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:38 PM

The Equinox will get worse mileage than the HHR just due to being a larger/heavier car, with the same engine.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:43 PM

Any way the search button can be bigger?
Old 06-02-2011, 01:04 PM

Dear Old Lar,

I have read your post about the 2012 Chevrolet HHR be produced. From the information that I have available to me there is not going to be a 2012 model year of the HHR. According to my resources, the end of production for the 2011 HHR has been tentatively for last Friday, May 27th. There is not a start up date for the 2012 model year because it is discontinued.

I apologize, I do not have access to the resources of where the dealership heard this information, but it is still discontinued after the 2011 model year. I apologize for this inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 07-02-2011, 08:51 AM

Glad i got one now. . . b4 they do go bye bye. .

My old sis ( in her mid 50's ) . had thoughts of a Toyo' Rav4
but.. liked the HHR. . to maybe re think her purchase in the future ~
Shame the HHR has to get the Axe !!!!!

Quick Reply: 2012 hhr