General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Arm Rests

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 12:08 PM

Arm Rests

OK, I'm a bit miffed about this problem. As I stated in another thread titled "price of oil change" I also had my HHR at the dealership yesterday for this problem, while doing the oil change at the same time. I just read a thread from CourtHouseDeb saying that when she took hers in, they ordered parts and all that jazz to fix hers. My dealer told me it's the way the seat is positioned(which I knew was a line of BS) and I still have the problem. I guess I'll just go to the dealership down the road and have them look at it. Glad to hear Deb is getting hers fixed , but I'm a little P.O.ed about mine. I guess that's what I get for being so freaking nice! Sorry...I just wanted to vent for a minute or two.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:26 PM

jayhawker...my dealer said they would investigate it while they had it and didn't balk at ordering replacement parts. In fact, they ordered the passenger side too. I'd call the Service Manager at the dealership and ask for his assistance. If that doesn't work, I'd ask to talk to the GM for assistance. If not, tell them you'll start taking it somewhere else for all your service work. This is something that GM has authorized to be repaired under warranty, so it's no skin off their nose.

Basically...they are there to serve your needs and address issues you have with your car. I've gone the nice guy route too...but sometimes you gotta let them know that you're not going to settle for anything less that what needs to be done.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:31 PM

Jay, I would get the TSB info on this issue and take it to the dealer. Go to the search section of this site and type in TSB, it should take you to all the TSB's for the HHR.