General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Build options?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 05:52 PM

Build options?

I was looking for proof my 06 LT had abs by checking the build codes that are supposed to be in the glove compartment (JM4). Unfortunately, there's no tag (maybe the glove box was replaced by a PO?). Anyhow, is there any other way to verify this? I can only verify that all the abs fuses are in place in the underhood fuse block.

Wish that tag was still there, seems like useful information.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:04 PM

i found in this thread that chevymgr confirmed JM4 is the code
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/anyone-know-what-3-character-code-abs-brakes-13748/
but another idea would be to slam on the brakes? (dangerous i know)
or look for the wires and sensor on the back side of the wheel hub
Old 06-24-2012, 06:15 PM

the wires and sensor here
Old 06-24-2012, 07:13 PM

Thanks Bill, I'll check that out as soon as the rain stops. I'm betting on false info from the dealer we bought it from (sticker said it had abs and TC, but recently noticed no abs light on start). With no sticker in the glove box, couldn't crosscheck myself.

How's Buffalo these days? Grew up in Tonawanda myself, many moons ago.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:25 PM

buffalo has had better days...but i have a decent job and a nice home. so i cant complain. i have plans on moving to suburbs or batavia. the weather has been awesome since march. we had 70's in march, a few cooler days but nothing bad. and it seems like its sunny and 75 everyday. excited for the Bills and Sabres after a good draft by each team, so maybe a sports championship for once, soon?
Old 06-24-2012, 07:38 PM
Deceased

Originally Posted by MarkInMLB
Thanks Bill, I'll check that out as soon as the rain stops. I'm betting on false info from the dealer we bought it from (sticker said it had abs and TC, but recently noticed no abs light on start). With no sticker in the glove box, couldn't crosscheck myself.
Maybe not intentionally false Mark, just giving the dealer the benefit of the doubt here because lots of them just grab a spec sheet of off the internet without actually checking it against the vehicle. Or they made an assumption that all HHR's were built with ABS and T/C, which as we know isn't the case.

Now if they did intentionally state that the your HHR was equipped with optional equipment that it doesn't have, that's a deceptive trade practice and you are well within your rights to report them to the Office of the Attorney General in your state.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:56 AM

It stopped raining long enough for me to poke my head inside the wheel well and take a look for that sensor/connector. No go, it doesn't have ABS, as I suspected.

I have mixed feelings about it. Since it was primarily purchased as a vehicle for my kids to drive, I have to say I wouldn't have even looked at it in the first place if I had known it didn't have the ABS. But, now that its ours, its not like we live where I grew up (driving in snow and ice 2 months after I got my permit myself), so...

Bill, I'll keep my fingers crossed for the Bills and Sabres. I still root for the Bills myself, as long as they're not playing my Packers!

And thanks for the wise words on the dealership Mike. I suspect you're right, that they just pull up a generic sheet on the cars they sell. Its just one of my pet peeves when people don't follow through with they're commitments, and this in particular smells of "false advertising". I guess I'll just chalk it up to a life lesson. Maybe programming my replacement key will go better (when I get it) and I'll feel better about the whole thing...

Thanks again guys.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:39 AM

you can PM Brad, (ChevyMgr) administrator of this site with your vin and I think he could give you a build sheet or at least tell you everything your car has
Old 06-26-2012, 12:04 PM

If ChevyMgr is not available, I am able to research the build sheet information as well.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service