General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Cellphone Mount Choices

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 08:34 PM

Cellphone Mount Choices

Anyone install a cellphone mount inside the dash compartment that is in the center of the dashboard?? I have the GM PAL installed and I frequently connect my iPhone to it for music and GPS but it does not stand up so well when using the GPS so I can see the screen. I thought maybe if I put in a cellphone mount that could still reach the cord that would be awesome because I can hide the mount away in the compartment when not in use.

I was just looking to see if anyone else has tried this and if successful what type of mount was used.

Here is one I was looking at

Amazon.com: Arkon MG178 Universal Smartphone Suction Mount - Retail packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Arkon MG178 Universal Smartphone Suction Mount - Retail packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Old 04-28-2014, 08:59 PM

Here's the mount I use on my windshield. The mount is adjustable in any direction, I put the mount low on the dash and angle it up. I've been looking at mounting it in the dash compartment.

http://www.amazon.com/UNPAINTED-MOUNT-WITH-SUCTION-GRIP/dp/B006QRHZJK/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1398736339&sr=8-8&keywords=ram+mount http://www.amazon.com/UNPAINTED-MOUNT-WITH-SUCTION-GRIP/dp/B006QRHZJK/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1398736339&sr=8-8&keywords=ram+mount
Old 04-28-2014, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by vinnyray
Here's the mount I use on my windshield. The mount is adjustable in any direction, I put the mount low on the dash and angle it up. I've been looking at mounting it in the dash compartment.

http://www.amazon.com/UNPAINTED-MOUN...ords=ram+mount
I was hoping to avoid attaching something to my windshield.. Would love to find something I can mount inside the dashboard compartment that I can tuck away when not in use.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:17 AM

I've got this one that plugs into the CD load area on the factory radio. It works great but gets in the way of the buttons on the radio. I have the steering wheel controls so it doesn't hinder my use.

Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices: MP3 Players & Accessories
Old 04-29-2014, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by chefhhr
I've got this one that plugs into the CD load area on the factory radio. It works great but gets in the way of the buttons on the radio. I have the steering wheel controls so it doesn't hinder my use.

Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices: MP3 Players & Accessories
I thought about something like that too but I do not think the PAL cord will stretch that far which is why I wanted to utilize the dashboard compartment.

The vent ones would not work either as I do not think the vents are that strong to hold anything other than an air freshener and the cord for the PAL does not stretch out of the compartment.

I appreciate the suggestions as it is nice to see what others are doing for this.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:13 AM

Here's a picture of the one I have. I bought the window kit but they also sell the plate to tape to the dash or a base with screw holes. Check out Ram Mounts website for other options.