General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Console Issues...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 06:05 PM

Console Issues...

I drink Coca-Cola Classic. I am not ashamed of this.
Coke comes in special shaped bottles.
No city or state has exclusive rights to idiots.
College student at the University of Illinois stepped out in front of my car as I was doing the posted speed limit (if you knew me you would know this is rare) - looked up, smiled and kept walking...

Binders applied.

Coke bottle (special shape not compatible with factory console cup holders) - bottle left cupholder and into drivers footwell...under the brake pedal!!!!

Is there a way that anyone has found to keep this from happening? (Sorry, I would love to leave Illinois - but this girl that I love, well, she's not planning on leaving anytime soon...and my job requires me to drive through Campus several times a day...)

...and no, I am not going to slow down (I was doing the posted speed, and there was no crosswalk or street corner - this was on Florida Avenue in Urbana (if you have been to the U of I - Florida is a main 4 lane with center island [and not pedestrian friendly]). Luckily I capped my Coke, or there would have been a dead student...
Old 04-21-2011, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by 3amigos
Is there a way that anyone has found to keep this from happening? ..............

Kill the kid before he enters the street......

Oh! Wait...... You mean keep the coke bottle in the console?
Old 04-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Platinum Member

Are you on bad meds or something? You need to reread your whole posting and look at it from a different perspective.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:19 PM

Well, I get it. Try a foam "snuggy", I have seen some that would work.
But then maybe a sheep intestine instead of a sheepskin for the fathers of idiots?
The other day a guy walked into the side of my car while I was driving through a crosswalk; he called me the AHole.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by whopper
Are you on bad meds or something? You need to reread your whole posting and look at it from a different perspective.
I live in Illinois. I WISH I was on bad meds. Of course, I have driven in Vancouver - so that non-exclusive rights on stupidity is up there as well - Especially when driving through Stanley Park and a driver of "non-American Continent decent" pulled his Mercedes into my friends car as he was driving past. That was fun. not really.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
Kill the kid before he enters the street......

Oh! Wait...... You mean keep the coke bottle in the console?
I like your thinking...unless it was your kid...
Old 04-21-2011, 06:54 PM

Go to pepboys they have a single & double drink holder that expands & contracts by a push of a button to fit any coke bottle, mine diet coke... to a big gulp! that should help you I had the same problem with large drinks falling out of our holders.
jeff
Transformer HHR
Old 04-21-2011, 07:01 PM
Deceased

Rule #1...No drinking in my vehicles.

Rule #2...No eating in my vehicles.

Rule #3...Violate either of the rules above, and they will find your body in the ditch.

*Unless this is a rental car, then feel free to have a buffet and make punch in the cup holders.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 843de

Rule #3...Violate either of the rules above, and they will find your body in the ditch.

*Unless this is a rental car, then feel free to have a buffet and make punch in the cup holders.
I like the way you think! I think I will make copies of your rules and post them in my vehicles.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by 843de

This is why I don't like or care if I have cup holders and as car is for driving not supper.

The wife like to eat and drive. I am forever sweeping frys out from under the seats and she dumped a Coke in the console.

I used some fantastic and water. Also on the carpet I used some good carpet cleaner. Once it was up I then covered the console with a 303 protectent. I has to use a little silicone spray on the shifter cover as it wanted to bind up. All was well after a good cleaning.

No one eats in my car or even drinks in my SS......No one!

Quick Reply: Console Issues...