General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Cup Holder Fix

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 09:54 PM

Okay but if you lift the drink up some, wont that interferer with the arm rest when lowered? Also be carful when spilling drinks if they get into the shifter area too often it will cause this to lock up the keys in the ignition. Just had mine fixed last month, luckily it was under warrantee!
Old 12-09-2008, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by JayKWills
Okay but if you lift the drink up some, wont that interferer with the arm rest when lowered? Also be carful when spilling drinks if they get into the shifter area too often it will cause this to lock up the keys in the ignition. Just had mine fixed last month, luckily it was under warrantee!
True, there is a possibility depending on the height of the drink. But those cup holders are pretty low. I think there's enough room to come up some. Anyway, we'll find out soon enough! I promise a full report with pics.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:09 PM

Thanks tenn tim - I am going to order one as well - we'll do a dual critique.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:12 PM

i already can rest my arm on the drinks. course im 6 foot and have the seat as low as it will go and still only have a half an inch between my head and the ceiling. my grandfather would not approve of this car. my dad said he would not buy a car if he could not get in it with his hat on.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:54 PM

I use one of these:

it isnt to hold the cups though....it holds my cell phone, and my port-a-ash tray.

but since it slides down between the console and the passenger seat, slides back far enough over the parking brake handle(which I never use), it stays in place...but more importantly, it holds my cups in place. The part that "over hangs" goes over the parking brake handle, and the flat side of it lines up against the passenger seat cushion with no inconvenience to the passenger.

Grande Starbucks cups will only tilt/pre-topple if I am heavy on the brakes, or corner like a F1 wanna be.

I can reach down and hold the cup for those aggressive maneuvers...

it is NOT a fix...but it works for me.

I am a smoker, and not having an ash tray means I would have to have a steady hand if trying to use an ash can in the stock cup holders so as not to ash/burn the seats.

so I pop the ash can in one of the two cup holder openings in the picture above...I use the square opening in the middle for my smokes and lighter, and the rear cup for my cell phone...the drinks then go in the factory cup holder(s) and stay put!
Old 12-10-2008, 03:01 PM

How about a shorter, fatter cup...fat shot glass...uh oh, i'll be in trouble now from MADD.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:14 PM

SmokeWagon....where did you find that gizmo....?

Cajun / Al
Old 12-12-2008, 07:01 AM

Sorry I missed this post earlier. Go to Wal Mart and buy one of their neoprene sleeves for bottles. They sell them near the soda and beer section. I use them all the time and they keep a bottle from falling over. You can also fold them down to fit a can and they still fit in the HHR cupholder. I carry one in the car and often one in my purse. They are really great!
Old 12-12-2008, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
Sorry I missed this post earlier. Go to Wal Mart and buy one of their neoprene sleeves for bottles. They sell them near the soda and beer section. I use them all the time and they keep a bottle from falling over. You can also fold them down to fit a can and they still fit in the HHR cupholder. I carry one in the car and often one in my purse. They are really great!
SandyBeach - Gonna try it. Had one of those travel mugs (like you get at Starbucks) in the console today. Had to do a quick stop (jaywalker between cars on U of I campus) - almost had coffee all over. Cup holder not in from Amazon yet.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:51 PM

Is there anything out there to convert the rear cup holder to a dual cup holder on a '06 HHR LS?

Regards,

Quick Reply: Cup Holder Fix