General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Farewell HHR :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 10:25 PM

Farewell HHR :(

My wife and I learned today that we have to say goodbye to one of our HHR 's. Last night, an old lady decided to go off roading in her chrysler minivan. She didn't have her headlights on when she popped back onto the country highway from a cornfield. She appeared seemingly from nowhere in front of my wife. Luckily my wife is a vigilant driver and she managed to get her HHR stopped before broadsiding the old gal. Unfortunately, the Pizza Hut delivery guy that happened to be heading the same direction as my wife, about 30 seconds behind, wasn't so vigilant. In fact, he never even applied his brakes when he slammed into the back of my wife's car, which in turn launched my wife and daughter directly into the driver's side door of the minivan. By the grace of God, no one was seriously injured beyond severe whiplash. Amazingly enough, my wife's car was the only one that didn't need towed. Which is even more impressive considering hers was the only vehicle that suffered two impacts. The Pizza delivery guy admitted that he had taken his eyes off the road and the cops said that my wife's car being in the middle probably saved the lives the old lady and the pizza delivery guy. So, I feel pretty good about us losing one of our HHR's.. All things considered.

Estimate to fix her vehicle that we got today is why we just learned that we will have to let the old HHR go. Seems sad since it still runs great.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:52 PM

good to hear that there were no fatal injuries and especially that your wife and daughter are OK!
Old 10-24-2013, 11:55 PM
Deceased

Gee Ben, so glad that the injuries are relatively minor, and the HHR can always be replaced. Your wife and daughter are irreplaceable as you know.

Make sure they're both checked out medically in the next few days, whiplash and blunt trauma injuries can increase in severity in the 24-72 hours following a collision.

I was hit by a drunk driver in one of mine back in 2011, even though I was hurt, I'm convinced that the design of the trucklet saved my bacon. And after close to $7,000 in repairs(and 31 days in the shop), it's still on the road, good as new. My hospital bills, physical therapy, and surgical expenses exceeded $50,000...so make triple sure that you have the insurance info from both the "wayward Granny" and the pizza guy.

Hopefully the person who caused the incident is charged accordingly, and is kept off the road from now on.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:56 PM

Yes that was definitely the most important thing :)
Old 10-25-2013, 12:01 AM

Mike,
Yes, my wife and daughter being alright was my first concern. We took my wife and daughter to the ER and they got a clean bill of health, except for the whiplash. Glad to hear that you are okay now after your accident as well
Old 10-25-2013, 12:15 AM
Platinum Member

"By the grace of God," You said it right there.. Glad your women folk are OK..

What a deal.......
Old 10-25-2013, 12:19 AM
Deceased

Even though they were checked at the ER, it's a good idea to have them checked by your family doctor.

There are devices like "T.E.N.S." units, and physical therapy routines thst can speed the healing process with whiplash, your insurance policy can cover medical costs up to the limits of your coverage. Then they'll sue the "at fault" parties and their underwriters in a process called Subrogation to recover those costs and other damages.

But most important, if y'all need anything, just sing out buddy....we're family here.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:19 AM
Platinum Member

Sorry to hear that man. But glad everyone is ok.

Time to get an SS to go along with the beast you are building? :)
Old 10-25-2013, 07:24 AM

Sleeper, Mike, and Whopper,

Thanks for the well wishes!!! :)
They are having follow up visits to the doctor for chiropractic and possible physical therapy treatment. Hopefully everything will mend quickly!

And if the insurance would pay out enough, an SS would certainly be in order. But I doubt there will be enough for an SS being that my wife's was an '06 LS. But we can certainlyhope for the best :)
Old 10-25-2013, 08:19 AM
Platinum Member

Glad to hear the family came away with only minor injuries.

Quick Reply: Farewell HHR :(