General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

GM Canada has gone to Castrol Oil

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 04:54 PM

GM Canada has gone to Castrol Oil

Found this out today at the dealer here`s a pic of the leaflet I never used Castrol more than twice in the last 30 years.And still wouldn`t put it in anything on the back is says questions visit www.slx4718.ca

The website is under construction you would think the website should be there before they start trying to sell the stuff.
Attached Images   
Old 03-24-2008, 05:20 PM

Bad news, in my opinion. I'm not a huge fan of North American Castrol products. German Castrol, yes, but not the domestic stuff.

I bet that's just re-labeled Castrol Syn-tec.

The wife's VW TDI diesel... they (VWoA) switched from Castrol TXT (Euro oil) to Castrol SLX Professional OE (north American)as the official "OE" recommended oil, which the bottle looks suspiciously similar to that pic you have there, and I don't like it. The TXT was rated 5W-40 but the SLX Pro OE is 5W-30 yet VW has okay'd it anyhow. I did use it (SLX Pro OE) on the last oil change for her car, but will be switching to Pentosynth (a German TDI oil) for the next change. But admittedly, I'm weird about motor oil...

Now GM has switched. Looks like Castrol has been very busy in their OE marketing efforts.