General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Help! Looking for Insurance!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 02:27 AM

Help! Looking for Insurance!

good day guys!

I’m new here, i don't know which category i'm going to post. i'm shopping around for insurance and hoping I can get opinions from everybody here about which ones to avoid and which ones you have had a good experience with. somehow i was able to check http://www.insurancepaylite.com they have a couple of insurance company I was quoted for some price. the cost is good but still i need your suggestions to help me more to have an idea and choice to compare...
thank you so much...

good day guys!
Old 08-02-2006, 07:36 AM

Well, I will throw this out to you. Do you own a home? If you do, who do you get your insurance from? Also if you have multiple vehicles that can help as well. I have AAA. Would not have been my first choice, but we have our home owners, life, and something else Lady Fenrir figured we need through them, but at one time we had up 3 vehicles insured with AAA. When I got the HHR I was going to shop for the best deal. I showed them some numbers and told them if you want my business, what are you going to do? Well, they came up with all sorts of discounts and perks and I get a pretty good deal. Part of it is I am 43, and haven't had a violation or accident in the past 20 years (knock on wood). That's just my suggestion. Shop around and don't be afraid to haggle. Make them explain completey what will or will not be covered AND have them explain what happens if by the unfortunate chance you have an accident or ticket? The question you don't ask is the one that usually cost you $$$$ There is nothing wrong with making them explain their coverage in full detail. If that is a problem, you should exit quickly. Just my .02!
Old 08-02-2006, 07:40 AM

Myself and my wife get our insurance through GEICO. To tell the truth, it's the least expensive insurance I've ever seen: $430 for two cars every six months, that's including the comprehensive on the HHR (other companies' comprehensive for me ran about that price per month). As far as homeowner's along with auto insurance, GEICO helped us with that as well: it's not commonly known, but GEICO can act as an intermediary on your behalf with Traveler's Group insurance and get you discounts on homeowners.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Desert Coyote
Myself and my wife get our insurance through GEICO. To tell the truth, it's the least expensive insurance I've ever seen: $430 for two cars every six months, that's including the comprehensive on the HHR (other companies' comprehensive for me ran about that price per month). As far as homeowner's along with auto insurance, GEICO helped us with that as well: it's not commonly known, but GEICO can act as an intermediary on your behalf with Traveler's Group insurance and get you discounts on homeowners.
That is very, very close to what I pay for our two vehicles. Just a little more because Lady Fenrir wanted rental insurance or something for the Van. GEICO was one of the quotes I took in. The homeowners ins, is a 2 way street, the fact we had it through AAA gave them the flexibility to match the offer. GEICO was my choice if AAA didn't match, plus they upgraded our membership with Gold Cards, I guess that's suppose to mean something, what that is, I don't know! Oh yeah, they also gave us a discount for the Side Curtain Air Bags as well. I believe we pay under $1000.00 a year and that's with FC for the HHR and would be cheaper if Lady Fenrir didn't have added coverage on the Van.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:58 AM

My parents run all their insurance through Nationwide and we have been very happy w/them. They are pretty easy to negotiate with. As for travelers we have had bad experience w/them.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:07 AM
Banned

I also have Geico. The only thing that bothers me about them is not having a local agent that I can walk in their office and deal with them in person. I hate having to deal with my insurance company through the phone but for what they save me compared to everyone else I can live with it.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:14 AM

I use esurance, went down 60 dollars a month compared to progressive, and i have great coverage.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:19 AM

We used Nationwide for everything for years, but the homeowners kept going up. I saved around $400 per year by going to Farm Bureau. I don't know if they have that in all the states, though. We currently pay around $1,200 for auto insurance for full coverage on 3 vehicles and a camper.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:51 AM
Deceased

are you or your Dad is ex military then give USAA a call. they offer all kinds of services and all kinds of insurance, renters insurance too. good company and great rates

https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_refere...ublicContactUs

if you have a lot of tickets and accidents then do not call them. their rates are more for drivers w no problems.

Geico and Esurance are very good too.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:00 AM

I was going to use USAA, but the rates for me were sky high??? I thought they would have good rates being im in the reserves. o well... it was worth a check..

Quick Reply: Help! Looking for Insurance!