General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR LS Swap Rat Rod

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 11:45 AM

Okay so I read the tutorial. I'm thinking my problem is with my computer. I'm running Windows 10 which I haven't picked up on very fast. Normally when I right click a picture (for instance after opening that picture in my album) a properties tab will appear. I click that, find the URL, copy, paste, done. For some reason when I right clicked the pictures last night from my album, it said "investigate" or something along those lines, and my screen would split in two with a bunch of jargon. But I could see what I thought was the URL of the picture. I attempted to copy and paste numerous times without success. Thanks for all the help.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:10 PM

You may have the correct URL, but I think you attached(with the paper clip icon), instead of linking(with the yellow/mountain postcard icon). So I think you were very close.

When you right click on image, you'll want to select "copy image location(or address)". I use Chrome, I see what you selected(inspect), you get the split screen and a bunch of code.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by RJ_RS_SS_350
You may have the correct URL, but I think you attached(with the paper clip icon), instead of linking(with the yellow/mountain postcard icon). So I think you were very close.

When you right click on image, you'll want to select "copy image location(or address)". I use Chrome, I see what you selected(inspect), you get the split screen and a bunch of code.
Sweet! Thanks for taking the time to help. I used to be the kid that helped everyone with technology, looks like times marching on
Old 09-25-2017, 12:41 PM
Technical Moderator

It is not the OS or the browser. If you followed the directions as posted it will work; there is no mention of right clicking on the image, there is mention of copying the URL in the box, with a right click.

There are screen shots.

Attachment can be used, I don't like them except for screen shots.

here is a thumbnail from your gallery using the R click/copy IMAGE location/paste into yellow mountain. In Chrome it is Copy image address. NOT copy image.

That method does not work for non-owner in full screen pic. It works for the owner of the album.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:49 PM
Administrator

You thinking of open front wheels??

Old 09-25-2017, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
You thinking of open front wheels??

Exactly what I'm thinking!!! Instead of taking all the time to fab and stuff everything under the fenders, I figure I would eliminate that whole process. As Ricky Bobby said, I just wanna go fast!! I like the lines of the HHR, and using a new body is gonna keep me sealed up and quiet inside. I'm hoping to have heat/air in this puppy. I drive all across the country doing ornamental steel work. I live in TN, but Ive been out west for 3 months this year. Started in Az, in central California right now. I got super lucky and am able to stay at my girlfriend's parents ranch. It's a hot rodders heaven. 2 lifts, tire machine, welders and torches galore. Her dad used to own a shop so tools are everywhere. There are probably 20 cars from the 40's-60s out here in the field. So I have a nice parts supply house for anything off/custom I need right here.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
it is not the os or the browser. If you followed the directions as posted it will work; there is no mention of right clicking on the image, there is mention of copying the url in the box, with a right click.

There are screen shots.

Attachment can be used, i don't like them except for screen shots.

Here is a thumbnail from your gallery using the r click/copy image location/paste into yellow mountain. In chrome it is copy image address. Not copy image.

that method does not work for non-owner in full screen pic. It works for the owner of the album.
10-4
Old 09-25-2017, 01:14 PM

Like the look OB. Why hide it all, great concept.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Our resident V8 stuffer, likes to hide his V8

Old 09-25-2017, 02:40 PM

The inner fenders and radiator support are good for hanging stuff on.

Like the new "open concept" home design. It's great, but without interior walls, where do you hang your photos and artwork?

Quick Reply: HHR LS Swap Rat Rod