General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

How to form an area HHR club

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 04:37 PM

Question How to form an area HHR club

Wondering how to go about forming a local HHR club.

In the searches I've done I've found none in my local area.
(don't ask what my area is, as this topic really applies to people in any area without a HHR club)

I see other HHR's in the area, but so far I doubt that any of them are using this forum as I haven't seen any postings from people in my area.

What I'm thinking of doing is making up a bunch of business cards to carry in my car. Anytime I see a parked HHR, I would leave a card under the windshield wiper of the parked HHR to let them know about this forum and ask if they would be interested in forming a local HHR club.

Has anyone done this, or have thoughts on how to form a local club.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Irontrader
What I'm thinking of doing is making up a bunch of business cards to carry in my car. Anytime I see a parked HHR, I would leave a card under the windshield wiper
We call those Pimp Cards. You can do your own like some of us have or use the template that JonyyB provided:

Originally Posted by JonyyB
1. Get the Avery Clean Edge Business Cards Model 5882. I picked mine up at Staples. You can also buy them online here.

2. Open and print the ChevyHHR.net Cards Template on the cards*

3. Tare apart and have fun

*Other cards may or may not work. I designed the template based on the above Avery cards.

Here are mine:
Old 10-06-2009, 05:58 PM

I know that our SoCal HHR's are a growing group. We keep things very informal, no dues- etc. We get together at least one a month if to do nothing more than grab a burger and talk shop, etc. Best of luck getting some folks together, Ive met and made some good friends through owning this car.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
We call those Pimp Cards. You can do your own like some of us have or use the template that JonyyB provided:
Thanks!

I'll probably use the template that JonyyB provided.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:37 AM

As HipHotRod said we just approach people with our cards that we have made for our group and welcome them to the site. Once a month or more we just throw something out there for who ever can come and we usually can end up with 15 or so cars. We are now doing our annual event at Toms Farm here in Corona, CA. Last year we were hoping for 25 cars and we had 37 to 40 so just throw it out there and they will. come.

Kris
Old 10-07-2009, 09:57 AM

I belong to a couple of car clubs. Managing a car club takes a lot of work, depending on what you want from the club. Is the club just a loose group of people with the same car and you want to have a get together. Do you want a car show which is lots of work? Do you want to produce a newsletter? Those are lots of work to get articles written, the format of the newsletter and printing $$.