General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

If you ordered don't expect it anytime soon...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 08:14 AM

Oh man,

I hope I don't get snared with the same problem.
I was holding onto a hope that by the time mine came to the shimpment stage that most of this would be sorted out. It seems at least the fuel prices have become stable...so who knows?
Old 12-20-2005, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by 72Mark
Oh man,

I hope I don't get snared with the same problem.
I was holding onto a hope that by the time mine came to the shimpment stage that most of this would be sorted out. It seems at least the fuel prices have become stable...so who knows?

The harbor doesn't have the capabilites to handle the volume it is doing right now. There are supposed around 7 ships in the area waiting to unload, but it takes 3-4 days to unload one, and they can only handle 3-4 ships at a time.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:07 PM

Do you really think the shipping issue is the main reason for the delay. I heard GM is cutting back more costs and are faceing chapter 11 on the news the other day becasue of the issue with there main vendor.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by SIHHR
Do you really think the shipping issue is the main reason for the delay. I heard GM is cutting back more costs and are faceing chapter 11 on the news the other day becasue of the issue with there main vendor.
Yes. The Hurricanes this season destroyed most of the auto transport rail cars used to move vehicles, causing the delays.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:23 PM

Question

Originally Posted by snksknr94
Yes. The Hurricanes this season destroyed most of the auto transport rail cars used to move vehicles, causing the delays.
Huh?? Do you have a source for this "information", other than some lame excuse someone gave you for not getting your car to you in a timely manner?

Kansas City Southern, the railroad that ships the cars out of Mexico, suffered only minimal disruption, mostly from down trees, according to their press releases. Service was restored in 2 days.

GM's policy of putting the screws to their suppliers had everything to do with the delays.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:14 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by snksknr94

Unless the cars are coming from the Yucatan Pennisula, what hurricanes affected Mexico? After all the hurricanes that hit Florida, the rail system doesn't seem to have been affected.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by jx3
Unless the cars are coming from the Yucatan Pennisula, what hurricanes affected Mexico? After all the hurricanes that hit Florida, the rail system doesn't seem to have been affected.

Re-read my post. The special-designed railcars that carry automobiles. I guess the place that makes and maintains them was pretty beat-up by the hurricane season.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by JoeR
Huh?? Do you have a source for this "information", other than some lame excuse someone gave you for not getting your car to you in a timely manner?

Kansas City Southern, the railroad that ships the cars out of Mexico, suffered only minimal disruption, mostly from down trees, according to their press releases. Service was restored in 2 days.

GM's policy of putting the screws to their suppliers had everything to do with the delays.

What does a supplier have to do with transporting vehicles. My car has been sitting in Mexico, completely bulit since Oct. That has nothing to do with suppliers.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:21 AM

Are you sure its completly built. Cant Chevy Allow you to go down to pick it up yourself so you have drive it back on your own
Old 12-22-2005, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by SIHHR
Are you sure its completly built. Cant Chevy Allow you to go down to pick it up yourself so you have drive it back on your own
I'm 110% sure it is built. You can't go pick it up until the dealer has taken possesion of it. Has to go through the PDI procedure at the dealer to make sure it has no issues plus there are quite a few other reasons. Mine is actually in Cali. now waiting to be unloaded from a boat and put on a truck.

Quick Reply: If you ordered don't expect it anytime soon...