General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

I'm gonna rename my HHR "Trooper" cuz it took another hit tonight...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 06:45 PM

Angry I'm gonna rename my HHR "Trooper" cuz it took another hit tonight...

yeah... I was on my way home from work this evening and some dude in an old Jetta made an unsafe lane change and plowed into the side of me. Then he had the nerve to ask if I saw him... I threw the question right back at him. Now the claims process begins. It's a shame the cop didn't witness it. Then he would have gotten a citation. Oh well... you know what they say about karma...

Name:  CIMG3649.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  67.2 KB

Name:  CIMG3653.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  59.3 KB

Name:  CIMG3646.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  76.4 KB
Old 01-06-2007, 07:00 PM

sorry to hear about your luck....see, thats why i dont live on your side of the state...a lot less traffic in the mountains!! good luck with the ins company
Old 01-06-2007, 07:27 PM

Well that just stinks. Sorry to hear your baby has been involved in another altercation. Hopefully karma will catch up to the guy who hit you. Some people shouldn't even have a drivers license.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Platinum Member

Sorry to hear you joined that exclusive club that many members have started. It's to bad about the dispute. Good luck with that.

Was wondering why the officer didn't do an investigation Seems like there should have been some physical evidence on the roadway, debris and whatnot, at the point of impact. If it was clearly in the lane your reported traveling in, then it's kind of a clear "shot" from there.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Sorry to hear you joined that exclusive club that many members have started. It's to bad about the dispute. Good luck with that.

Was wondering why the officer didn't do an investigation Seems like there should have been some physical evidence on the roadway, debris and whatnot, at the point of impact. If it was clearly in the lane your reported traveling in, then it's kind of a clear "shot" from there.
Well the officer claimed that because there were no personal injuries and neither vehicle required towing, that a police report was not necessary. He also stated that because he did not personally witness the collision, he could not place blame or issue any citations and that it was up to the insurance company to determine fault. But it was clearly the other driver's fault, and he will be held 100% accountable or else he will be very sorry.

I have an appointment set up on Monday for an estimate. I'm wondering what kind of rental car I will get this time. Hopefully it wont be in the shop for any longer than 2 or 3 days...

Most of the damage seems to be on the bumper, just a little on the fender. But this still means removing and replacing the fog lights etc. Doesn't necessarily make the job any easier.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:42 PM

It's just too bad some people get behind the wheel with half their brain working, at least you know who did this, I usually get hit in a parking lot with no witnesses.....
Old 01-07-2007, 12:15 AM

Hey Chris. I'm glad you are ok. Sorry about the car.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:33 AM

Sounds to me like the cop didn't do his job or didn't want to be bothered with it. Here in Denver, if the police respond to the scene of an accident, regardless of whether they witnessed it or not, someone is gonna walk away with a citation. Since when do they have to witness the accident in order to at least make a report? Geez...he's already there.

Deb gets off her soapbox and hides from the law enforcement officers on the forum. Sorry...but I just think what happened is WRONG!!!
Old 01-07-2007, 12:56 AM

Thank you everyone for your well-wishes. I'm just completely fed up with the situation. A few hours ago, I was going off left and right... I've calmed down now. It's not worth the energy to get and stay upset. S*** can be fixed. It's just the inconvenience I'm frusterated with. And Deb, I do agree with you. But arguing with an officer over how to do his job is rarely a good idea. I just hope everything will be back to "normal" in a week or so. I'll let you all know how things unfold with the insurance, rental, and repair...
Old 01-07-2007, 08:39 AM

I doubt every state is the same but the officer was correct about the police report but not about the summons.

Here in Virginia, Norfolk to be specific, unless there is an injury or damage over $1000 there is no need for the officer to fill out a police report. We would just fill out an information sheet for both parties.

We do not have to witness the accident to to give someone a summons. If we can determine who the "wrongdoer" was by the damage and accounts given by the parties involved we are "expected" to issue a summons.

Just some info from a former police officer and proud new HHR owner.

Quick Reply: I'm gonna rename my HHR "Trooper" cuz it took another hit tonight...