General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Let's Talk About Onstar

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 07:44 AM

Let's Talk About Onstar

Who has it?
Who uses it?
What do you use it for?
Is it REALLY worth the monthly fee?

I'm considering activating it but I certainly want to get an idea of it's uses beyond that of an accident.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:06 AM
jx3

Make sure you ask Hillsdale about those directions given by OnStar!
Old 08-14-2008, 08:51 AM
ecl

I have it but have never used except to ask a question about getting directions and they told me I couldnt use that feature because I was missing some features required. Then they called me to try and get me to purchase minutes for the phone feature, and they told me I could use the nav feature offered, so I dont know. So really im not to sure about it but over all I probably wont renew after the 1 year free trial.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:58 AM

I didn't want it when I ordered my HHR,couldn't delete it(that's for fleets only),haven't used it,probably won't use it,and won't renew after the 1 year trial.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:50 AM

Have it, never used it, never will except if I crash and it calls for me without my permission . I will not renew after 1 year trial. When I activated the onstar with the dealer all it was was a pushy sales call. The guy kept telling me that this would be the only opportunity to get certain prices for buying minutes and such. I declined 3 times and he said fine then you will have to pay more when you decide to add minutes later. Well I have been offered the same price in 2 letters and in 4 e-mails and with every monthly diagnostic e-mail. They lost me with the lies!

SPPD
Old 08-14-2008, 09:54 AM

Are the Diagnostic Emails worth anything?
Old 08-14-2008, 09:58 AM

I have it on both my '05 Impala and my new HHR. I don't us it for directions, only for the piece of mind that if I get in a crash, my car calls for help. I drive really early in the morning to go to work (4:30AM) on long dark roads. I hope I never have to use it, but like I said, if I get in a crash, someone will know.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by kestrel0222
I have it on both my '05 Impala and my new HHR. I don't us it for directions, only for the piece of mind that if I get in a crash, my car calls for help. I drive really early in the morning to go to work (4:30AM) on long dark roads. I hope I never have to use it, but like I said, if I get in a crash, someone will know.
Isn't it suppose to automatically call if the air bags deploy regardless if your paying for the service or not?
Old 08-14-2008, 10:42 AM

i haven't really used it a lot. but i think of it more of the reason why i have AAA. It's there in case i need it. If i get into an accident, if i lock my keys in the car, if i forget my cell phone, i'll be happy i have it.

don't know for sure if i'll get it again when the year is up. but most likely will for that peace of mind. if i fly off the road and hit something and the airbag goes off, i'm going to be glad i renewed it.

Plus i really like the phone aspect. When i got it, they gave me 30 minutes and i added another 100 minutes for 15 bucks, and it's good for a year. I tried it out one day and the signal was great, it sounded awesome. They also say the strength of the signal is about 7 times higher then a normal cell phone so if your phone isn't working out in the woods or something you've still go options. Wish mine had the bluetooth to sync up with my regular phone though.

just my thoughts on it
Old 08-14-2008, 10:56 AM

On the phone options, Does it take Incoming Calls or only make outgoing calls?

Quick Reply: Let's Talk About Onstar