General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Lots of new parts, with some old issues...

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 08:50 AM
Administrator

A loose connection somewhere, take it back , let them fix it.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:30 PM

LaRiche Chevy is looking at it tomorrow after 4, gonna scanned it they said, they already tried to fight with me about they would never/could never do anything wrong..
Old 08-01-2019, 09:39 PM

So, they hooked up to it and fixed it, for free.. So now just gotta swap front tires around to start seeing what the pull is...

Funny part... So pulled into LaRiche, asked for Alex as I was told to do so. They had me pull the car into the bay.. With car running, Alex opens the hood, but has a scanner tool in his hand.. (Im not car savvy, but im pretty sure, the scan tool doesnt go under the hood...) Alex calls over a Tech, while waiting on the tech, Alex finally plugs scanner into port under the steering wheel.. Reads out, MAF code, loop and emissions code.. Tech says "clear the codes"... Now mind you Alex has barely read the codes.. He clears em, turns off car and starts it again, BAM cleared codes, no T/C no service Traction... So I asked, wtf was the problem... Someone left the MAF sensor unplugged...

Sounds more like someone was trying to get job security... Didnt know you need to unplug in the MAF sensor to do an EPS replacement?!?!
Old 08-01-2019, 10:20 PM

They probably "inspected" the air filter. I have watched apes at the tire store destroy mine while trying to make a sale.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:38 AM

Oh yeah, they were very prompt to tell me, that I needed a $90 tire rotation, $89 brake adjustment, $16 rear wiper blade and further inspection of the "oil leak".. When I told them no to all that, that got very "angered" with me, lol... So I figured this was their way of trying to get money.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
What, exactly, does "pulls to the right" mean? Brakes or hands off wheel.

If it is brakes I would be looking at hung calipers or worn out drum brakes.

Ok Swapped the tires, to eliminate those. She still pulls to the right while driving; thats hands off the wheel driving down the road (all speeds, of course worse at higher speeds)..
Braking doesnt seem to make a difference in the pull...

Oh yeah, new Drums, shoes, wheel brake cylinders in the rear, both sides.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:21 PM

That would indicate either worn out front end parts or alignment.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:29 PM

Everything Upfront is new but the calipers.. They were replaced last year before I parked it before surgery. However, I wouldnt put it past the alignment shop..
I parked it out front tonight on the flattest surface..
Set the steering wheel straight. Looks like driver side tire points to the left while passenger tire is straight. Kind of makes me wonder if they didnt do a "true steering wheel"..
If its pulling to the right, that would indicate a possible right brake caliper issue, hanging up on the rotor.. Best way to test that?
Old 08-14-2019, 09:12 PM

If the steering wheel was "straightened" instead of the toe being adjusted that would explain the traction control stuff. The steering wheel has a mark for mounting straight ahead then the toe needs to be adjusted. There is a steering angle sensor and a yaw sensor they input to the traction control. If the steering wheel is going on an angle and the yaw sensor says you are going straight the computer tries to correct by braking.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:17 PM

I let go of the steering wheel tonight after I swapped the tires... was going about 60-70mph. I let go of the steering wheel and car went right.
However I could see the steering wheel, slightly move left and right.. Was weird to watch, plus you can feel in your hands that steering wheel is trying to pull right, so you have to give more "force" to the left to keep it straight.

Quick Reply: Lots of new parts, with some old issues...