General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Maybe this is a stupid idea but...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Deceased

"it sounds like I'm being chased my tap dancers."

Maybe you are being chased by tap dancers, they're just very short tap dancers so you can't see them in the mirrors.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:39 PM

I used to have the Chevy rally sport wheels on my Camaro. I wanted to swing 15” super 60 series tires on the back and super 70’s on the front and the stock 14” stamped steel factory mag wheels didn’t make it.

I think the rally sport wheels came stock on the Chevelle. As you know they had a center cap and beauty ring on them.

I don’t know how many beauty rings I lost over the years. It started getting hard to find any that matched anymore I finally got a full set that were in decent shape and did not put them on the wheels, figuring when the Camaro bit the big one, I would put the stamped steel factory mags on it to drag it to the junk yard, then I could sell the rally sports, complete with fresh paint and nice beauty rings, for big bucks.

Instead I put some nearly bald tires on the older style Chevy steel rims on the car and sold it to a punk who thought since it was a Camaro he could do Texas J’s all night with it even though it had nearly 300,000 miles on it and was mostly original parts.

I gave the rally wheels, the beauty rings, and center caps with decent tires, to my younger brother to put on his Impala instead. I still have the stamped steel factory mags in the basement but I don’t have any beauty rings for them anymore.

Another problem with them is they scratch the smeg out of the wheels.

It seemed like I was always dipping, stripping, and repainting them. I know powder coat is not exactly scratch proof and cost lots more to have redone.