General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

mhmm front bowtie painted

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by 09 Panel
I just Googled something like bowtie decals the other night and about the third one on the list had these great covers in any color you picked and even did an outline color. Since this came up again I can't find the site. I'll keep trying when I have the time.
if you're talking about decals, is this the place you found (they are a supporting vendor here)?

http://www.pfyc.com/pc/HH1025/HHEXT/...06-08+HHR.html

However, these decals do not cover the entire bowtie, you will still have a gold edge on it, hard to see here since they put a gold decal on it... Also, the original poster was talking about replacement bowties in any color, unless i am mistaken, but these are not replacements, just decals.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by GrotesqueFetus6
Yeah just google it. There's a site where you get replacements and you can do what ever color you want. And even a color border
LINK.... LINK.... LINK...

I can't seem to find anything but the decals.
I would like to find a replacement with a colored border!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 03:38 PM

See I can't find it again either. That's what im talking about though.
And to the other person that said something about my screen name. What's wrong with it?

Im a pretty weird person so you know. Like the " weird" that would paint some gross looking skulls and dead things on his car. And get a plate for my car that says "fetus4food"

Anyway what im trying to say is that I can't find the link again. And this thread was just about random things I was doing to my hhr. And everyone was like "wtf where's the link"

Originally Posted by 09 Panel
I just Googled something like bowtie decals the other night and about the third one on the list had these great covers in any color you picked and even did an outline color. Since this came up again I can't find the site. I'll keep trying when I have the time.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by GrotesqueFetus6
Anyway what im trying to say is that I can't find the link again. And this thread was just about random things I was doing to my hhr. And everyone was like "wtf where's the link"
I think that you will see that the folks on this site are serious about their HHRs and when you casually mention an after market part that many of us would like to buy but could never find, we want to know details.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by esmarkey
I think that you will see that the folks on this site are serious about their HHRs and when you casually mention an after market part that many of us would like to buy but could never find, we want to know details.
Haha I can tell. Ill be way more serious about my hhr when my cash flow is way more serious. Im sticking to really really reeeeeeeally cheap things I can do to my hhr.

Like u just painted the hub caps to my hhr. And the bowties. Then when im over 36k. Im cuttin a bit off the back springs to lower a tad bit in the back.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:15 AM

hey what kind of paint are you guys using to paint the hubcaps? Plastic? you gonna clear coat it? I want to paint my hubcaps flat black with a satin clear coat but not sure what to use. Not meaning to steal your thread or anything just wondering if you have any advice
Old 03-30-2009, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Panel08
hey what kind of paint are you guys using to paint the hubcaps? Plastic? you gonna clear coat it? I want to paint my hubcaps flat black with a satin clear coat but not sure what to use. Not meaning to steal your thread or anything just wondering if you have any advice

lets see , so far ive just used normal primer , shinny black (not flat) , and then just a clear coat,

i think the brand of paint is "ColorPlace"

and i sanded my hubcaps, they are looking real nice. ill post pictures when ever i take the pictures .