General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

My thoughts on my 2007 HHR (so far)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 09:19 AM

My thoughts on my 2007 HHR (so far)

GM saved a nickel on the 2007 HHR 2LT (top of the line model) by:

Not making running boards standard. After the problems with the 2006 paint. GM will never learn.
No OS handle for passenger.
Plastic everywhere inside, like a child's toy, or model car, not a real one.
Non heated exterior mirrors.
Firestone tires. (need I say more?)
Front brake rotors too small, brakes squeal and vibrate on a new car.
Ugly plastic looking antenna in the middle of roof.
No light's on the visor vanity mirrors.

Maybe GM could sell more cars if they thought about customer satisfaction. It seems they have not learned what people like and don't like in over 100 years of building cars.
Where is the engineering and comfort forethought in the HHR? Even in it's second year?

The cup holders are located poorly and are too shallow.
The door lock plungers stab your elbow if you try to rest your arm on the window sill.
The armrests are too small and too low.
They also must be lifted to hook the seatbelt.
Serious lack of storage space, maybe a center console would "fix" several things.
Poorly located window controls, non illuminated.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:23 AM

Name:  bf54f4bf.gif
Views: 38
Size:  2.3 KB to the site! Sorry to hear your dissatisfaction in the HHR. While there are some ergonomic issues I have with the HHR I can overlook them and learn to live with them for the style, affordability, and functionality the HHR provides.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:28 AM
jx3

I have to agree with Hills......you have to overlook somethings for the price and styling.

BTW.....did you test drive one first? A lot of your issues could have been fixed right there. You don't like, you don't buy. Simple as that!
Old 03-07-2007, 09:36 AM

Wow, so sorry you have all of those concerns with the HHR.
Did you drive one before you bought one?
I mean, when I drove I noticed the things you have stated, but I liked the HHR.
The light in the vanity mirror your driving, just an added distraction.
The cup holders well they hold my extra large coffee cup, just fine.
The door locks changed out to stubby no bruise.
The arm rests, can be mod with a washer for height.
No problem with the seatbelt for me.
Running Bds I ordered on the HHR.
I am over all Happy with NEMO (my HHR).
A few problems you learn to live with, or learn to adapt.
This coming from someone who has had 1968 Buick Special, 1974 Capri, 1978 Ford Ranger, 1983 Toyota Tercell 2 door, 1984 Toyota Tercell Station Wagon, 1995 Van, 1999 Explorer, and a 2003 Explorer.
Each one I had to adapt, I find this is no exception.
Again so sorry for your dislike in the HHR.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by jx3
I have to agree with Hills......you have to overlook somethings for the price and styling.

BTW.....did you test drive one first? A lot of your issues could have been fixed right there. You don't like, you don't buy. Simple as that!

Agreed, that was all there during the test drive. As compared to the rest of the cars out there, for the $$$ it's hard to beat.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:44 AM

Well, I did alot of research before I bought my 2006 HHR. I knew what I was getting into when I bought it. Yeah, it's ugly in a cute sort of way. Things could have been done better. My one regret, and GM's constant pain in the butt is the running boards. They will NOT admit it's a true problem. I was lucky. My dealer has always treated me well with all of my Chevy vehicles, and the HHR has been no exception, right down to the heavily discounted running boards to solve the paint problem. I think for 17000 bucks, I got my moneys worth. If I wanted more, I would have bought a different vehicle. Just my
Old 03-07-2007, 09:46 AM

I did drive one first. I would rent any car for a week before ever buying again. Things you think you can adjust to, the small things, become more noticable after week or two. A test drive is just not long enough. I didn't take a beverage on the test drive either. Another thing to ponder, I asked the dealer to take my 5400 mile 2007 HHR in on trade. I was offered $13,000, only a loss of $7,100 plus payments in 6 months. I really do not feel good about my decision to buy a new car!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:01 AM

Sorry, the noisy and vibrating brakes, and paint damage were not there during a test drive. No one ever told me running boards were needed to prevent damage to the body.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by 454Taylor
Sorry, the noisy and vibrating brakes, and paint damage were not there during a test drive. No one ever told me running boards were needed to prevent damage to the body.
I was dissappointed with the running board issue too but have sucked it up and purchased them. The dealer did install for free though. Canada has solved this issue making running boards standard!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:36 AM

Do you like the look better with them? I never did. I also do not want to spend any more money on this car. It has lost over 30% percent of it's value in 6 months. Not very impressive!

Quick Reply: My thoughts on my 2007 HHR (so far)