General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

My thoughts on my 2007 HHR (so far)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by 454Taylor
Another thing to ponder, I asked the dealer to take my 5400 mile 2007 HHR in on trade. I was offered $13,000, only a loss of $7,100 plus payments in 6 months. I really do not feel good about my decision to buy a new car!
You are most likely to get more money out of a private sale. I just did a bluebook for a 2006 HHR 2LT with 5,000 miles and got between $11,000 and $14,000 trade-in value depending on condition. All cars lose value the minute the drive off the lot.

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 03-07-2007 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:42 AM

Ok, here is my opinion about the HHR overall.

Some people get it and some people don't. To some (myself included) the HHR is a very special vehicle with a style that they connect with. It touches something in you that is hard to explain. It has subtle lines and styling cues that I find irresistible. For example the way the doors curve in at the bottom toward the rocker panels. These are the same lines as a 48-54 Chevy pickup which was my dream truck while growing up. That is only one example but there are many. For Chevy to produce something this cool in this day and age is amazing to me. If you look around at the rest of the cars being produced today they are all styled fairly similar and do nothing for me personally.

To me the HHR is as cool as a Chrysler prowler or an SSR truck. It has the "Hot Rod" gene in it. The very best part of that is, it is affordable and obtainable for most people. It is below the average cost of a new car these days and has massive coolness. On top of being cool it has a modern drive train with all of the creature comforts that people want in a car and gets great gas mileage on top of that. This is to me a brand new street rod that comes with a great warranty. I don't see the down side here. I don't care where the cup holders are, I don't need extra storage. There are too many great things about the HHR to nit pick.

The bottom line:The HHR is what it is to some people and it is much more to others. Some people see a homely station wagon and others see pure beauty.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by TkHHR
There are too many great things about the HHR to nit pick.

The bottom line:The HHR is what it is to some people and it is much more to others. Some people see a homely station wagon and others see pure beauty.
Very Well Put.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:53 AM

Do you like the look better with them? I never did. I also do not want to spend any more money on this car. It has lost over 30% percent of it's value in 6 months. Not very impressive!
I just did a blue book on a Honda Accord same mileage etc. New cost $25000, trade in $16,500-$19,500. Take a trade in value of $18,000 and that is a loss of 28% so I don't consider the HHR's to be that bad considering the popularity and quality of the Accord.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Platinum Member

Hasn't every one of these issues been hassled over before????

Like...dislike....now you need to adjust to it, or bite the bullet and get rid of it.

As far as the low trade value (which has been debated as well), the dealer needs to make money, AGAIN (and they will make as much as they can). Check on kkb.com and see what the REAL value is.

Oh, by the way ANYONE can find something wrong with ANY vehicle. I have found things "wrong" with the Z06 and the BMW Z4 "M" series....and most reviews indicate they are the best thing since sliced bread. But, I do my homework very well. And, I probably can adjust to them.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:00 AM

Do you like the look better with them? I never did. I also do not want to spend any more money on this car. It has lost over 30% percent of it's value in 6 months. Not very impressive!
You loose half that driving off the lot with almost any vehicle. The other half is the money the dealer is going to make selling it.

We love ours, but I do feel your pain on the brake issues. This is a problem that a few manufacters still have yet to really address. As far as the little mods that make life easier like the lock stems, and maybe modifying you cup holder. Keep your eyes open on here for ideas, or stare at it for a little while and come up with a couple of your own. Anything I can do to make my car a little more functional for me and make it "mine" I enjoy.

My wife loved it from the beginning and the car has really grown on me, and I hope it does you too.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Platinum Member

^^^^^
Old 03-07-2007, 11:12 AM

Depreciation is depreciation. Some are worse than others. As for the boards making the HHR look better......you bet. They just add that extra touch to the retro look.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:24 AM

I do like the look and style of the HHR, why else would I have actually bought one? For it's value? GM should be more capable of building a great looking car that is not so poorly appointed. Say what you will, over $20,000 for any car is still a lot of money, no matter what you compare it to. You can buy a $12,000 Cobalt too. Quick to market, $$$ in front, $$$ behind, all decisions. Too bad.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:30 AM

Checked KBB for private sale they don't list the 2007 HHR, just the Suburban? Wonder why?

Quick Reply: My thoughts on my 2007 HHR (so far)