General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

A National Run

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by scaleguy
Krejaton, brother I ain't going to the Dells in Jan/Feb and I love the Dells...hahaha. jshandra, we will very likely be able to provide you a date by January so please keep us in mind and we will make you one heck of a vacatio...do you have kids, special interests etc??? SIHHR, come on brother I promise hangin' out with these people will make the drive worthwhile and then we will pile on so many activities that you won't want to leave !!! Everyone else I will promise you this we will work to put on a great run and we will give plenty of alternatives for lodging etc...keep an eye on this it might get very interesting !!!
Sorry if anyone miss understood me. I was not looking to go in Jan/feb. We usually plan our family vacation around this time for the summer, which is usually around July or August. I have 3 kids 12,10 & 7. My kids and I LOVE go-carts and the water park is a big hit. It looks like a 14 hours trip from NJ, not a big deal. Was checking out the Dells on the web. Plenty to do and it looks like a great place for a vacation.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:03 PM

hmmm... 9 hours and a lil over 500 miles... i could do this lol
Old 10-22-2006, 08:12 PM

Wow - a long drive from CA... but thank you for the lead time on planning. Maybe we could do a caravan thing? With meetups along the way?
Old 10-22-2006, 08:16 PM

Black Beauty ( Prototype?)

You`re gotta at least have a pic to post when you say something like that!!!
Attached Images  
Old 10-22-2006, 08:20 PM

Deb, the date is still up in the air, but I have talked with the folks at the Kalahari resort and the weekend of August 23-25 is avaliable in a workable program, but please do not set that in stone...We can help with routes, checking lodging, whatever we can to make the run from the west or the east easier...guys if we can make this happen it will simply continue to grow and hopefully move around, to the west, to the east, whatever...I was a member of the National Street Van Association and their runs were monumental and moved every year. I want this to happen because I have met the finest people imaginable because of the HHR and now I am greedy, I want to meet more of you !!! Thanks for your interest and if you can lend ideas, send questions, whatever can help us to make this the best run that we can, send them along and please keep watch for news...The location and date should be official by January...Pat
Old 10-22-2006, 08:25 PM

We will be there!!! I have to give my husband a run for the trophies!!!
Old 10-22-2006, 08:35 PM

My wife and I have been to the Dell's three times now. Each time we found more things to do. I didn't read all of Scaleguy's post, but here is a few things Pam and I have discovered while we were there.

There is a narrow guage railroad that has a steam engine that takes you on a small ride. It was a lot of fun for us and I am sure the kids would enjoy it.

There is a place called BigChiefs go karts. They have about 30 tracks and at least 2 nice wooden Roller coasters. You can pay for a full day's pass and ride all the tracks or coaster you want.

oops looks like some of them merged..This is a link to the new site (6 coasters)

http://www.mtolympusthemepark.com/index.htm

The mini-golf courses are also a lot of fun. One has a volcano that errupts (spews fire).

The list goes on and on. It is a vacation spot (tourist spot) so ther are many things to do..

about 30-45 minutes away is House on the rock.

http://www.thehouseontherock.com/

Anyway there are many hotels, I know Scaleguy is working on some deals. There are also cabins...

It is a very fun place to vacation

Don
Old 10-22-2006, 08:54 PM

I will kee my eyes on the post and see what happens.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:36 PM

It's 1400 miles (one way) for me...... that's a long way!

Sounds like great fun but will have to really think about it.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:38 PM

Ouch
I just checked on Mapquest and from Phoenix it is 1940 miles about 28 hours.

I am not ruling anything out but that is a long track with 2 kids in an HHR.
Not that I am shooting that idea down or anything, but should we still not be looking at somepleace more central? I think for a first time National you might get more people if it was more central for the west coast people. And I do know you will never make everyone happy or find a spot that is perfect for everyone.
Now dont start yelling at me or asking me where because I would have no clue at this time, only tossed it out there to see what others thing.

Quick Reply: A National Run