General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

A National Run

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 10:54 PM

well as stated by others no one in any other region is even trying to attempt a national type thing and these are areas that we in the mid central type area have contacts to sorry we cant take a ride out to denver (per say) and talk to folks at those local areas for discounts on hotels,parks,events etc.... if you all in AZ can set somethin up I would drive 28 hrs to attend!! no problem!! we could do a grand canyon run if you wanna set it all up Dbarberaz!!?? we are not tryin to make everyone drive 2000 miles to meet us!! just this is our area and who we have contact with!! if you wanna come COOL if not why shoot it down for the rest!! I see we have NY ,NJ ,KY,Possible FL people interested!! and maybe Sindy dix (you know you want to ) CA peeps interested!!!We are doinwhat we here in the mid central can!!! next yr do it in CA!!! I will drive there!! but we have to start some where!!! WHY NOT WISCOSIN!!
Old 10-22-2006, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by oldschoolfreak
well as stated by others no one in any other region is even trying to attempt a national type thing and these are areas that we in the mid central type area have contacts to sorry we cant take a ride out to denver (per say) and talk to folks at those local areas for discounts on hotels,parks,events etc.... if you all in AZ can set somethin up I would drive 28 hrs to attend!! no problem!! we could do a grand canyon run if you wanna set it all up Dbarberaz!!?? we are not tryin to make everyone drive 2000 miles to meet us!! just this is our area and who we have contact with!! if you wanna come COOL if not why shoot it down for the rest!! I see we have NY ,NJ ,KY,Possible FL people interested!! and maybe Sindy dix (you know you want to ) CA peeps interested!!!We are doinwhat we here in the mid central can!!! next yr do it in CA!!! I will drive there!! but we have to start some where!!! WHY NOT WISCOSIN!!
First do not put words in my mouth. I am not trying to shoot anything down. Please go back and reread my post. I only offered a suggestion.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:46 PM

I didnt mean to come on to strong !! sorry if it was takin or worded that way !! Dbarberaz!! just doin the best we can in our area to do a national for all!!! it would be like us askin you to set up a G2G in NY for us to set somethin up in say nebraska or colorado!!! not to slam what you said just we cant do things in an area we dont have contacts with!!! sorry if i came on alil strong!! I really just want this to work for anyone interested!!!! AGAIN dbarberaz i do apologize should have read your post a lil more throughly!!! yes it would be better for the nation as a center to do it in say a centered state but just not fessable for us in the mid central totry and put together!! thank you for the suggestion!!! but without help from other regions i just dont see it happening thats all!! Sorry!! Tony
Old 10-23-2006, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
You`re gotta at least have a pic to post when you say something like that!!!

Black Beauty I must of missed something, I do not understand what you mean on this post. Did some one say something and then Delete it.

Z
Old 10-23-2006, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by oldschoolfreak
I didnt mean to come on to strong !! sorry if it was takin or worded that way !! Dbarberaz!! just doin the best we can in our area to do a national for all!!! it would be like us askin you to set up a G2G in NY for us to set somethin up in say nebraska or colorado!!! not to slam what you said just we cant do things in an area we dont have contacts with!!! sorry if i came on alil strong!! I really just want this to work for anyone interested!!!! AGAIN dbarberaz i do apologize should have read your post a lil more throughly!!! yes it would be better for the nation as a center to do it in say a centered state but just not fessable for us in the mid central totry and put together!! thank you for the suggestion!!! but without help from other regions i just dont see it happening thats all!! Sorry!! Tony

Tony
If you Post it (They will Come) and ( If they Don't) Oh well we can not please everyone. There is a Run in Atlanti City on March 30,2007 Its just a Full weekend and jashandra is doing their best by trying to get 50 HHR's. You will find that some people will not be able to attend the Best Event of the year that will be held in the Dells, and that is why there are others that is open like ours for any one to attend.

It is asking alot to have some one from dbarberaz's area to travel all that way. The problem is that it is very hard to fine anyone who wants or even has the time to look into haveing an Event as large as us. We are very lucky to have people who have time to do this. I have found out that One person can not do this alone. It would be nice it they would do something like us.
I could use a good road trip. Their is always Atlantic City. What do you say about getting a few HHR's and see if we can make that trip. Mybe the dbarberaz could make the trip to Atlantic also and others from all over we need to do all we can to help other region make their Event's a full sucess.

Do you not agree. I am in this for the meeting of new friends and having lots of fun. So I say Lets go to the Dells, Atlantic City, and any were else we can go to with out loosing our Jobs.

Lets Go.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:55 AM

Everyone, there will never be "ONE" location that can make everyone happy, the best we can do is say this is where we are holding the first one, let those who can and want to, come and then we work together to move it again next year...Think long term, it has to start some place and with a six or seven month lead time most people will have a chance to save, plan and take part...This is not a competition or an ego boost, it is just that there are people here with experience and desire and locations that would work. The best thing is, being part of these events as they grow...and the fun of hooking up with HHR owners from all over the country, opps continent, as we want the Canadian owners to roll in too...Florida, Colorado, California, New York can all be destinations, we are just looking at laying the ground work and need the proximity to make the numerous trips necessary to carry this off...then next year we kick in our experiences, contacts etc. and help another geographic area move the national run there and we keep it going and growing...I am in this for the long haul, so keep an open mind, you just might have a great time !!!
Old 10-23-2006, 06:00 AM

Reply to Sig...

Originally Posted by Z-Man
Black Beauty I must of missed something, I do not understand what you mean on this post. Did some one say something and then Delete it.

Z
It was a reply to the sig. in post#12, claims to be a "Black Beauty" Prototype.
Hey what happened to the banner, didn`t see any pics, who brought the red one? Did you give the decals to anyone except MizzouHHR, noone said anything?
Old 10-23-2006, 08:38 AM

You are absolutely right Z its all about the fun and friends!!!! and doin the best we can to make it appealing to as many as possible!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 09:11 AM

Idea!!!

Originally Posted by Z-Man
Tony
If you Post it (They will Come) and ( If they Don't) Oh well we can not please everyone. There is a Run in Atlanti City on March 30,2007 Its just a Full weekend and jashandra is doing their best by trying to get 50 HHR's. You will find that some people will not be able to attend the Best Event of the year that will be held in the Dells, and that is why there are others that is open like ours for any one to attend.

It is asking alot to have some one from dbarberaz's area to travel all that way. The problem is that it is very hard to fine anyone who wants or even has the time to look into haveing an Event as large as us. We are very lucky to have people who have time to do this. I have found out that One person can not do this alone. It would be nice it they would do something like us.
I could use a good road trip. Their is always Atlantic City. What do you say about getting a few HHR's and see if we can make that trip. Mybe the dbarberaz could make the trip to Atlantic also and others from all over we need to do all we can to help other region make their Event's a full sucess.

Do you not agree. I am in this for the meeting of new friends and having lots of fun. So I say Lets go to the Dells, Atlantic City, and any were else we can go to with out loosing our Jobs.

Lets Go.
Hey Z Man, you made another comment on the other thread about we need to thank Chevy for coming up with this car.

I had the idea that maybe when we all get our CD of pics together we should each take them back to our dealers and show them all the fun we are having with our cars. Maybe use it as a highlight to ask for those door prizes for our runs? Pat mentioned trying to build up to a Chevy spokesperson one of these days and never know this might be a way to get to the top people.

Like I said, just an idea.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:23 PM

I'll throw in the same comments I made last summer when this subject (National Meet), was discussed:

If you want to have the greatest attendance, consider holding the run in a centralized location like Oklahoma City the first year. This would even out the driving distances somewhat for owners. Wisconsin sounds much more like a "Regional" event location.

Quick Reply: A National Run