General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Need assistance

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 01:47 AM

Need assistance

I just replaced my O2 sensor with a Bosch "generic" sensor replacement. I took the hard road and thought you needed to go below the car to replace the upstream sensor. More on that later. Now the car will not start. I hooked up my battery charger for about 5 hours to see if the battery was the problem. The Ohm meter registers (hooked to the posts in engine compartment) lower than it was when I hooked it up. All the lights and radio work and do not dim when turning the key to start, the only response is a loud click then nothing.

Anyone got ideas? I am supposed to be heading to Texas for a Doctors appointment and need the car.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:19 AM
Premium Member

Some times it's hard to get a new Dr. appointment. Our cars are getting older and soon you will need a new battery anyway. don't have enough info to really know that is what it is. But they do weird things when the batteries start to go. If the throw money at it till it's solved method sounds good to you, the new battery couldn't hurt.

PS. It worked for me when my 08 started doing weird things..
Old 07-14-2013, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by kellytx4
I just replaced my O2 sensor with a Bosch "generic" sensor replacement. I took the hard road and thought you needed to go below the car to replace the upstream sensor. More on that later. Now the car will not start. I hooked up my battery charger for about 5 hours to see if the battery was the problem. The Ohm meter registers (hooked to the posts in engine compartment) lower than it was when I hooked it up. All the lights and radio work and do not dim when turning the key to start, the only response is a loud click then nothing.

Anyone got ideas? I am supposed to be heading to Texas for a Doctors appointment and need the car.
Was there a reason to replace the HO2 sensor? Could it be related? The starter need more than 11 volts to turn, don't have a clue why you would worry about resistance. You are hooking the black lead to the body ground, not the EPS connection, right?
Old 07-14-2013, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by donbrew
.........don't have a clue why you would worry about resistance.
I'm guessing that he's 'generically' referring to a multimeter as an Ohm meter........
Old 07-14-2013, 10:22 AM

It sounds like your battery has a week cell. The first thing I would do is replace the battery. Make sure you get the right one so it is vented properly.