General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

New or Used HHR

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 06:50 AM

Smile '09 hhr ss

I'm picking up my new SS on Friday. With all the rebates out there I paid $18500 for a $27730 SS.
To bad I don't have any family who could get me there discount or I could have done better. LOL
Old 07-21-2009, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Sno White
I don't see the HHR listed as an eligible vehicle for this program. According to the cars.com site at:
http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story....bject=clunkers

They could be wrong!
They were, see this site of GMs for the program and calculator:
http://www.gm.com/cash-for-clunkers/...h_for_clunkers
Old 07-21-2009, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sno White
I don't see the HHR listed as an eligible vehicle for this program. According to the cars.com site at:
http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story....bject=clunkers

They could be wrong!
All of the details have not been worked out yet. This is the official site www.cars.gov
Here's a FAQ from that site..................
What new vehicles may be acquired under the CARS program?

The CARS Act applies to new vehicles. Thus, used vehicles do not qualify under the program.
The new vehicle must have a manufacturer's suggested retail price of not more than $45,000. That price appears on the window sticker on new vehicles. The new vehicle must also achieve minimum combined fuel economy levels. For passenger automobiles, the new vehicle must have a combined fuel economy value of at least 22 miles per gallon. For category 1 trucks, the new vehicle must have a combined fuel economy value of at least 18 miles per gallon. For category 2 trucks, the new vehicle must have a combined fuel economy value of at least 15 miles per gallon. Category 3 trucks have no minimum fuel economy requirement; however, there are special requirements that apply to the purchase of category 3 vehicles.
As noted above, the CARS Act also requires that NHTSA make available on an Internet website a comprehensive list of new vehicles that meet the requirements of the program. Until that information is posted on the program's website, consumers may determine whether a new vehicle meets the fuel economy requirements of the program in two ways. First, the combined fuel economy of a new vehicle will be posted under the heading "Combined Fuel Economy" on the window sticker ("Monroney label") of a new vehicle. Second, you may also find the combined fuel economy value of a new vehicle by visiting http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.htm and searching for their vehicle to find its combined fuel economy value. When searching that website, consumers will need to know their vehicle's model year, make, model, engine size, and transmission type.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by BlackHHR06
I'm picking up my new SS on Friday. With all the rebates out there I paid $18500 for a $27730 SS.
To bad I don't have any family who could get me there discount or I could have done better. LOL
That is a great deal!!! I paid 14k for a 2008 HHR SS with 4600 miles. You just have to shop around and be willing to negotiate. The dealer bought the car from a friend of his who got into an accident on an ATV. I don't think the dealer new the differnece between the base and SS model.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:05 PM

what !

that is a GREAT deal ....i'm jealous.....and mad.....i went to 2 different gm dealers when they were having the red tag sale back in oct/nov 08 ... a small dealer and a high volume being the 2 different dealers....i offered them $17,500 cash for cars that had less than $19,000 on the tag , they said they would not take a penny less ....my main thing i would do different is to get a ss .....i wish i had waited to buy from us (the taxpayers} , oh , that's right i did...i got mine from a private owner .......but i am happy that you got a great deal
Old 07-21-2009, 05:05 PM

OK HERES THE UPDATE

Cash for clunkers does not apply to me because my current car is not a big enough gas gusseler.

SO im going Used and i found a HHR LT 2007 with 17k miles for $12,500 Along with some others in that range

Thanks for all the input guys and i hope to be in a hhr soon.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:24 PM

Is that w/ using cash for clunkers? I am assuming so for that price. If they would have had the cash for clunkers, I would have got mine down to $19k. But instead I sold my piece of crap daily driver for $400. oh well watcha gonna do