General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

ok,good question

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 07:58 AM

I too like the full panel but am leary because of the no rear seat thing,the fact of no back windows does not bother me,my old s10 had a no window camper on it.I have found 2, 1/2 panels around where I live and I do kind of like them just not as much as the full panel.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:54 AM

The rear seats are plentiful. I think I paid less than $300 for everything that was needed to convert mine. Only took about a day to complete.

All of my kids are grown so I dont have to worry about that. When someone does ride in the back it is usually for just a little while.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:30 AM

No doubt "full on" Panel.

Blind spots: Driving the Panel is no different than driving a pickup with a topper or a camper. You have to learn how to use your mirrors.

With a panel you can put in a back seat. I paid $50.00 for mine. You can fold down the seats and still have the benefits of a full panel. Takes about an hour to change by yourself.

Looks: The HHR was designed after the '49 Chevy Panel which had no side windows (unless you had a "Side Delivery" then you had doors and windows on passenger side only). So to keep it real it must be a Panel. Opening from the inside only is a bonus.

If you want to haul family/people then get a wagon.

Boydie
Old 12-30-2013, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Boydie
No doubt "full on" Panel.

Blind spots: Driving the Panel is no different than driving a pickup with a topper or a camper. You have to learn how to use your mirrors.

With a panel you can put in a back seat. I paid $50.00 for mine. You can fold down the seats and still have the benefits of a full panel. Takes about an hour to change by yourself.

Looks: The HHR was designed after the '49 Chevy Panel which had no side windows (unless you had a "Side Delivery" then you had doors and windows on passenger side only). So to keep it real it must be a Panel. Opening from the inside only is a bonus.

If you want to haul family/people then get a wagon.

Boydie
I hear ya,do i spy a little sun visor on your gray panel?