General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

OK, so I got rear-ended today.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 07:41 PM

OK, so I got rear-ended today.

My HHR took it in the rear end this evening on my way home from class. I was stoped in a long line of traffic on the beltway, and the next thing I knew, my ass was in the air and I was skidding towards the median and the green Civic infront of me. Luckly I didn't hit the Civic but I came to a rest in the grass. At first glance, it doesn't look that terrible, but I can't open my hatch, and I can see that my right rear quarter panel is misaligned now, since my fuel door no longer closes properly. I know they wont total it, but I wish they just would so I could just get a new one. It only has 7950 miles on it. I'll keep everyone posted on estimates, etc. My back has been sore ever since.

Old 07-10-2006, 07:44 PM

Dammmm that suck's. Glad you didnt get seriously hurt. HHR can be repaired, hopefully to your satisfaction. Good Luck....
Old 07-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Founding Member

Glad that your allright.

Lets hope you get a decent rental car while you are getting repaired!
Old 07-10-2006, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by SindyDix
Glad that your allright.

Lets hope you get a decent rental car while you are getting repaired!
Well, I wish I could, but because I'm still 17, I can't legally drive a rental. My dad is going to get it and drive whatever that may be, while I drive my dad's car. Can't say I'm looking forward to that. And BTW, there's a Chevy emblem in the bumper because it was an Impala that hit me. I'm not really that mad about the situation, I'm just really despressed about it. The girl was nice about it, for however nice you can be in that situation, and I wasn't a b**** back to her or anything. It just irritates me how she said "ohh I don't know what happened, I just took my eyes off the road." One of my best friends works at Sheppard Pratt, one of the most prestigeous mental illness hospitals in the country, so I've heard things to make me feel like I don't really have it all that bad...
Old 07-10-2006, 08:43 PM

I feel your pain, Glad you come out with only a sore back. You didn't see if she was on a cell phone did you?

Hope the HHR gets fixed fast and good so you get back to cruzing..
Old 07-10-2006, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by TomsHHR
I feel your pain, Glad you come out with only a sore back. You didn't see if she was on a cell phone did you?

Hope the HHR gets fixed fast and good so you get back to cruzing..
No, unfortunately I didn't notice. Either way, it was her fault... lol... Maybe my attorney can get her cell phone record and check it out, just to make sure...
Old 07-10-2006, 08:50 PM

glad your ok. i know first hand who you feel.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:51 PM

Sorry to hear what happened. Glad your ok. Hope everything works out for you and your ride.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:08 PM

I'm glad you're ok, I hope your back feels better soon! Hope your HHR is fixed soon.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:10 PM

Who owns the orange HHR next to you in the lot? are they a member also?? Sign em up..

Quick Reply: OK, so I got rear-ended today.