General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

OK So really...How many of you owners...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 04:33 PM

If you look through the Problems/Service board on here, you'll get an idea that only a few are having most of the problems. I won't even mention how mine has been because I don't want jinx it.

All I can say is I'm a very satisfied customer!
Old 09-05-2007, 05:05 PM

wow, lots of stuff here. i do understand the statistics that many of these things will not happen to every car; but wow those are some problems. i just bought my car a month ago (used) :). its an 06', knock on wood i havn't had any problems but it has also only been a month. when i got the car i thought why would someone want to get rid of such an awesome car??? now i'm worried .
Old 09-05-2007, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by sa82
wow, lots of stuff here. i do understand the statistics that many of these things will not happen to every car; but wow those are some problems. i just bought my car a month ago (used) :). its an 06', knock on wood i havn't had any problems but it has also only been a month. when i got the car i thought why would someone want to get rid of such an awesome car??? now i'm worried .
Don't be, be Happy! You own a HHR!
Old 09-05-2007, 06:27 PM

I've had my 2006 LS for a little over a year, have not had one single problem with it!
Old 09-05-2007, 06:49 PM

Chrysler vs Chevrolet

I've had my HHR for almost two years and 30k miles. I haven't had any of the problems mentioned in any of the threads. I consider myself very lucky - and should knock on wood quickly before it all changes. My wife bought a PT Cruiser Turbo GT two months before I got my HHR. We have had nothing but problems with the Cruiser. It's left her stranded on the PA Turnpike four times. She backed it out of the driveway last week, onto a busy road, then couldn't get it out of reverse. It's still in the shop, as we speak. She's thinking of trading the PT in on a new HHR. I definately support her! This is a great car - I haven't regretted buying it at all.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:43 PM

I must be a lucky one here, I have had no real issues with mine. At first I thought I had a problem with the rubber on the running boards. Thought it was lifting off. then found out there are 3 ways that the rubber is put on, I have the clips so it looks like they are lifting off when washing.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Banned

Almost two years and 43,000 miles strong with no problems except for four flat tires that were my fault.

Stop worrying about the car and drive it. If there's a problem, fix it.

I really am growing tired of these "So how many of you have had problems?" threads. They serve no purpose other than to amplify and/or reanimate *****ing that already happened months ago. If you are really that worried about the car, trade it in for a freakin' Toyota already and drive like a yuppie.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
Almost two years and 43,000 miles strong with no problems except for four flat tires that were my fault.

Stop worrying about the car and drive it. If there's a problem, fix it.

I really am growing tired of these "So how many of you have had problems?" threads. They serve no purpose other than to amplify and/or reanimate *****ing that already happened months ago. If you are really that worried about the car, trade it in for a freakin' Toyota already and drive like a yuppie.
It's the internet get over it. A new owner is a new owner. He's had the car a little over a week. Give him a break.

Ppl are always going to discuss their cars til they're blue in the face. They wanna know what everyone else is experiencing. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. It's a warm fuzzy feeling to know that for the most part ppl love their HHR's. cept for the resale values of course.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:50 AM

These forums are ALWAYS scary. They attract a disproportionate number of people having problems and enthusiasts, which are a picky crowd.

I had the same trepidation after web research before buying a Kubota tractor and a Toyota truck, both very high-quality machines.

8000 miles on our loaded HHR, no issues yet. LOVE the car. Drives great, looks good, awesome mileage

Russell in Texas
Old 09-06-2007, 05:13 AM

I got my '07 LS last Dec. I've had a HUGE problem with it. It seems that every couple of weeks, I have to stop at a gas station with it.

Quick Reply: OK So really...How many of you owners...