General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Ordered an 07 - heres whats new/not new

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 05:41 PM

Ordered an 07 - heres whats new/not new

Last week I ordered a new 07 HHR. Trading in my 04 VIBE(LOVE the Vibe, best car I ever owned, Toyota quality for sure..but rumors are 07 will be last year for Vibe and I don't care for the new front end styling so I went for the HHR). I ordered Silver HHR 1LT with the new Ebony interior color. What is new for 07..and this is from the ordering system that the general manager of the dealership and I viewed together as he ordered my HHR. As already posted, they elminated the blue exterior, and added the ebony interior. Wheels are different on the LT. The 1LT for 06 got machine faced aluminum wheels, the 2 LT got painted Aluminum with high polished ones available as an option. Well they will use up the machine faced aluminum wheels they have in stock and when done they will ship both the 1LT and the 2LT with the painted wheels for 07.. I don't know what I will be getting, it all depends on stock.
The running boards remain an option but now are installed at the factory NOT at the dealership. Same price.
The engines have about 6 more hp..with the 2.2 going at 149hp now.
I ordered the 1LT, added Running Boards, Roof Rails, Automatic, ABS, Bright Chrome, Mud Guards and it stickers out at $19865.00 including shipment to the Northeast. That is $40.00 more than currently shown on KBB site and others and that is due to shipping increasings due to cost of gas. They expect yet another shipping increase very soon again due to gas prices.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:46 PM
Founding Member

Welcome to our HHR family!
I too special ordered my HHR and it had proved to have been well worth the wait!
We demand pictures once you take delivery!
Old 07-31-2006, 05:47 PM

Did you get the 2.2 or 2.4?
Old 08-01-2006, 07:06 AM

This was the hardest decision I had to make on getting the HHR. If one gets the 2LT package you get some of the items I ordered anyway, plus the 2.5, leather wheel, stuff like that. I then decided, hey do I really need all those extras (leather wheel, 17inch tires, polished wheels, pioneer speakers, 2.5, etc.), which are mostly (not all) items you don't get a penny credit for when you trade in. I just couldn't justify it to myself that I needed those additional toys as I simply do not drive that awfully much. I would hardly pay that much for a surround sound system in my home, yet I should fork over that much for pioneer sound in a car I'm in 15 minutes a day? :). So then it was, but what about the 2.2 or 2.4.
I drove 2 2006s, one 2.2, one 2.4. I drove them each for what is my usual daily drive, plus a little 2 mile trip down the highway. I simply did NOT notice that much difference..a difference yes..but not much for my driving. And since I'm going from a 1.8 Vibe, to a 2.2, it felt more peppy to me anyway...so I went with 2.2.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Rickh
This was the hardest decision I had to make on getting the HHR. If one gets the 2LT package you get some of the items I ordered anyway, plus the 2.5, leather wheel, stuff like that. I then decided, hey do I really need all those extras (leather wheel, 17inch tires, polished wheels, pioneer speakers, 2.5, etc.), which are mostly (not all) items you don't get a penny credit for when you trade in. I just couldn't justify it to myself that I needed those additional toys as I simply do not drive that awfully much. I would hardly pay that much for a surround sound system in my home, yet I should fork over that much for pioneer sound in a car I'm in 15 minutes a day? :). So then it was, but what about the 2.2 or 2.4.
I drove 2 2006s, one 2.2, one 2.4. I drove them each for what is my usual daily drive, plus a little 2 mile trip down the highway. I simply did NOT notice that much difference..a difference yes..but not much for my driving. And since I'm going from a 1.8 Vibe, to a 2.2, it felt more peppy to me anyway...so I went with 2.2.
Congrads on the upgrade as it were! You should be quite happy with the HHR. We too went from a Vibe to the HHR as well. The only difference was my wife loved the Vibe ( Sorry Honey) and I found it to be the most dangerous car I've ever driven including a rust bucket F'67 Falcon!
The Vibe just did not work for me as it was a standard and I guess I just don't want to drive a standard any more. If I were always on the highway, sure, but around the city and towns, I just hated doing the shifting thing Evne with grippy new tires, I went from bad to worse in the snow. One time trying to get up a slight incline in snow, I had to stop, and could not get traction again. Soon I was slipping backwards into a bus despite the speedometer saying I was going forward quite fast!
The Vibe was over tired for this application and too light. Also, perhaps I had lost my touch with the standard I had no such problem with my Taurus SHO even with its performance tires. Twelve years with the SHO and never a problem in snow that I could not handle. Five months with the Vibe and it was HELLO HHR!
I did like the Vibe's handling though, but the smoother ride of the HHR is quite welcome. Still, the Vibe was a real miser on gas. Toyota obviously gets some things right.

Ya know, I still wonder why Chevy offers two engines for the HHR? They basically get the same gas mileage, and most folks think the VVT ( Variable Valve Timing) is an asset, so why the choices Chevy?

Sorry to rant about a car you loved so well, but hey, I had a Vibe story and we both came from the Vibe to the HHR. No offense is meant. I'm glad you folks loved yours so much. My in-laws also have one, an automatic, and they have nothing but praise for it. The Vibe obviously works for most folks, but for me, it did not have the right , er vibe !
to the family!