General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Panel rear seat/package tray

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
If you are going with a rear seat, make sure you get all the seatbelts and associated do-dads...
I thought about that based on the couple threads on here i found on the subject, going to grab the belt stuff to. I have a couple Broncos and one is a 95, its technically illegal to remove the roof on that one because the shoulder belts are attached to the rear roof section.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave
I thought about that based on the couple threads on here i found on the subject, going to grab the belt stuff to. I have a couple Broncos and one is a 95, its technically illegal to remove the roof on that one because the shoulder belts are attached to the rear roof section.
Recently acquired a '08 Panel LT, and recently purchased a Rr Seat kit from Hellshotrod to swap out the forward storage unit. He indicated the need for a smaller tray too that he included in the Rr Seat kit to fill the void behind seat.
Haven't received yet, but it looks like a narrow storage bin assembly. If you already have your Rr seat, sounds like he has several new small box tray too.

Good Luck with the build. I'm new to HHR Panel too and having a good time playing with mods.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:05 PM

I did the back seat swap on my panel...best of both worlds...as the seats fold down and give you the same amount of room. Too bad you didn't live closer...I have a mint back seat and storage bins in your color I'm not using.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:14 PM
Administrator

Grab those blue dots , very cool!
Old 11-17-2018, 05:47 PM

dougc yes there was a narrow bin thing in the one at the yard. I looked it over pretty good and like the way the seat went in back there. I have to confess the one in the yard today is the first HHR i have ever even been in lol. I did the deal on the one i am getting completely over the phone and wont have it till next week some time, really had my heart set on a sunset orange panel and didnt want to lose it. I may hold off a bit on the conversion in hopes of finding a leather or two tone charcoal/grey or something.

Allan thanks yeah BC might be a bit far . . . i do hafta drive to Alberta in the spring though lol

good eye old blue, yeah i saw those when i was looking it over maybe I'll go back and grab them. If you look close this orange one in the yard also have a very nice retro hand pinstripe job (pretty extensive to) it was very clean and was someones baby . . . shame it got poked.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:59 PM

The salvage also has a full set of undamaged WeatherTech window visors. Very clean install compared to outside door stick on.
Pretty pricey at $100 per set, maybe they'll let them go for basically nothing. May have the WeatherTech Mats too... more pricey!
https://www.weathertech.com/chevrole...ow-deflectors/

OldBlue, what are the BlueDot tail lights. I noticed those and didn't realize they had any significant value? LOL... thought they were maybe odd replacements. My Bad!

Last edited by dougcjohn; 11-18-2018 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-18-2018, 06:19 AM

think im gonna go over the car in the yard a bit closer.

doug, the blue dots are an old fifties hot rod add on. basically small round blue crystal that you install in the middle of the tail light. kind of a neat affect.

Old 11-18-2018, 10:11 AM

These are illegal in most states and allowed for much older vehicles in most others.

Just a week or so ago I was driving up I 95 at 5am in the dark of course and came up on a late 40s low rider like a 49 Buick or so.
Almost ran into it, had the blue dots in the original rather dim tiny tail lites. Just looked like a slight purple tinge on the road, not a car at all.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:39 AM
Administrator

I said they are cool, not legal.
I have a set for Oldblue, maybe the guy in the 49 low rider still has the weak 6 volt system in his ride!

Old 11-18-2018, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by glassdave
think im gonna go over the car in the yard a bit closer.

doug, the blue dots are an old fifties hot rod add on. basically small round blue crystal that you install in the middle of the tail light. kind of a neat affect.

Good luck, I miss the days of wondering through a salvage yard. My area pretty much prohibits junk yard doggin!
I forgot, your new HHR is a panel, so you'll only need the Ft WeatherTech... still if you can grab for a few bucks, good deal.

On a different subject... does it have the Rr Subwoofer assembly, may not want the actual Sub & Amp, but the housing might be a good method to mount a sub & conceal.

Quick Reply: Panel rear seat/package tray