General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Panel rear seat/package tray

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 11:57 AM

pretty much all our yards are open to wander through, heck one regularly has a "hundred dollar all you can carry on one of their yard wagon" specials (and they are actually decent size wagons) That particular yard has six HHR's in it at the moment that i have to go check out. The yard the one above is in is an LKQ yard, decent pricing but a national chain so the deals aren't as good as they could be but its a very clean well kept yard that has a pretty substantial inventory and it changes regularly. I will have to go check on the sub enclosure.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave
pretty much all our yards are open to wander through, heck one regularly has a "hundred dollar all you can carry on one of their yard wagon" specials (and they are actually decent size wagons) That particular yard has six HHR's in it at the moment that i have to go check out. The yard the one above is in is an LKQ yard, decent pricing but a national chain so the deals aren't as good as they could be but its a very clean well kept yard that has a pretty substantial inventory and it changes regularly. I will have to go check on the sub enclosure.
LOL, where you located? My Wife wouldn't think much of this as a weekend adventure, but if reasonable drive I could manage to take a tool box along, drop her off at a Mall and explore a few yards.
Just saying... LOL!
Old 11-18-2018, 05:32 PM

I'm in Toledo right on the MI/OH line (literally six feet from it) at the western tip of lake Erie

the hundred dollar deal thing can get busy over there lol and we have some pretty good malls . . . . although i have not actually been inside one in years I actually dont bother with the all you can cart deals, to much of a zoo for me and honestly their prices at that yard are great plus they have a fast moving inventory.

https://www.cherrypickedparts.com/
Old 11-18-2018, 08:22 PM
Technical Moderator

Just to put an ugly end to the bluedot discussion; If you are not a cop ANY blue lights on a car are illegal. Makes sense when you think about it.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Someone asked about rear inside door panels, from a window wagon to a panel.
I found this from American & Proud.
Scroll to post #75.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-...7-panel-11077/

Old 05-15-2019, 11:56 AM

well now thats interesting . . . . i like that mod and theres a panel in the yard i can grab the rear door panels off to try and mod those instead of mine. I dont have the time at the moment but that thread is gonna have some good info i'm sure . . . gonna hafta go through it later thanks for the info.I've said this before but i prefer the information exchange on these forum boards much better then FB or any other social media. Thanks again all
Old 05-15-2019, 03:56 PM
Technical Moderator

I think I remember A&P posting a how to on that mod. I think he cut out the handle insert. Somebody did a plastic weld between the window cover and the bottom.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:07 PM
Administrator

I’m still investigating that thread.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
I think I remember A&P posting a how to on that mod. I think he cut out the handle insert. Somebody did a plastic weld between the window cover and the bottom.
i think you are correct, looking at the black rear door panels i have it appears with some clever surgery it would be possible to build a hybrid part.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:19 PM
Platinum Member

I remember when A&P did it, turned out nice.