General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.
View Poll Results: Will the HHR become a classic as time passes?
Yes
51.12%
No
48.88%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Will the hhr become a classic?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 04:46 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 2manyvans
My 2 cents worth on the subject, My panels might be worth more than they cost new, but not in my lifetime.

I compare them to the Chevy Vega's - The Vega panel express are rare and hopefully worth more today than they cost new, 3-4 grand I guess. The Cogsworth Vega's are classics in my book. Probably worth a bundle today.

Now if they made a Cogsworth Vega panel ( HHR SS Panel) How much do you think it would be worth today? Something to ponder...john
Got a little chuckle from this. It is spelled COSWORTH.

Cogsworth would be something from the old Jetsons cartoon.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:16 PM

I believe the SS Panels will be. Especially if the mileage is kept low.

I also believe the SS wagon will be.

Look at the other Chevy SS's.

Boydie

Originally Posted by firemangeorge

Old 10-17-2014, 05:20 PM

+2 hyperv!

Originally Posted by hyperv6
It will only compare to the Corvair in Stadard of value, looks and demand.

The Corvair today is a classic foot note to auto history. It today is look at as a positive car that got a raw deal from 65-69. Is is special and not like other cars.

It also is not worthless as some cars but you are not going to retire on it either.

The Corvair, Fiero and HHR are all special cars that will always have a place as a special car that is a affordable collectable. Just don't use the kids collage fund to buy one as a investment.

Any car today that can do as the Corvair and be worth twice the original sales price is something special even if it is not a lot of money.

You won't see a Cobalt do that.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:22 PM

Tsk! Tsk! Comparing an HHR SS to a Corvair? Shameful

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Any car can be a classic but only demand set value.

I kind of expect the HHR to be a Corvair of the future. Something different and special but not in really high demand.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:46 PM

Actually, Cogsworth is a Disney character. From Beauty and the Beast. He was voiced by David Ogden Stires, the actor that played Major Charles Winchester on MASH.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:39 AM

Smile

Glad that I can make you chuckle. It's a better reaction than when I misspelled your handle "Firemanorange"

I guess I should have been paying more attention in spelling class, instead of looking out the window at all of the " classic to be" cool cars of the late 50's -early 60's and I should have been watching cartoons instead of building model cars and reading Hot Rod mags...
Old 10-18-2014, 09:34 AM
Deceased

Did somebody say Cosworth Vega?

I've been looking for/lusting after one of those since 1975.

As a former Corvair owner, I'd be hesitant to tar and feather the HHR with the unfair and often applied "Unsafe at Any Speed" stigma that did in Chevy's rear engined wonders.

Corvairs, when driven by owners who understand the need for front to rear differential tire pressures, and the inherent oversteer built into them, are perfectly safe cars...and a hoot to drive on a twisty back road.

HHR's will be hung with the stigma of the "Killer Ignitions" for the foreseeable future, but in time, the most stylish and daring of the Delta Platform GM vehicles will be recognized as Classics. In my opinion at least.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:22 AM

The similarities I see HHR SS to the Corvair Spyder- Both have aluminum turbocharged engines, powerful for what they are , in a world of high horsepower musclecars.
The Corvair had a second generation that gave them a chance to redesign the problems and shortfalls of the early ones. Think if the HHR had another generation, what kind of changes GM could do for them...john

not responsible for misspelled words
Old 10-19-2014, 07:06 AM

Covairs were fun to drive. I had a 62. Good car. The only problem I had was on the way to pick up my special ordered 69 Nova the bolt in the rear engine mount sheared off. The trade was already set, they towed it in and I drove my new 69 home. This was in 68.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:56 AM

IMHO, when they came out and said it was 1 of the 10 most embarrassing cars to drive, that said it all. As much as I like it's size and nimbleness, it will not likely be worth much. Like an AMC Gremlin, stylish in it's own way but not really desired.

Quick Reply: Poll: Will the hhr become a classic?