General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Raising the Dead....

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 01:46 PM
Deceased

A "Like" function won't happen, the Facebook folks would hop all over us.

But there is/was a thread rating system option available in the software that drives the forum, I'll see if I can get it functional again, stay tuned as they say.

Thanks for the kind words Greenied1, we appreciate your presence here, and that goes for all of our members.

We wouldn't be here without the participation, knowledge, and contributions of our membership, all of you make all of this possible.
Old 12-27-2014, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Greenied1
As a somewhat new member, I'd like to say that I'm happy to see this. A few times, I've seen someone new post a question only to be chewed out a bit about not searching for the topic with the search bar. I personally search the forum for everything I'm wondering about but sometimes feel I'd understand better if I can voice my question my way and have members reply to help me.

Does that make sense?

I have learned tons from this wonderful forum and its awesome members but sometimes I feel a bit nervous about posting a question, as I don't want to get jumped on for posting about something that might have been discussed in past years.

ibid.

BUT the subsequent explanations explain a lot, and i see the moderators point of view.

Great Forum! keep up the good work!
Old 12-27-2014, 06:59 PM
Technical Moderator

BTW, has anybody noticed that if you double click the "Search" you get a full Google internet search result, not just this site?
I came across it whilst fighting a "Logitech Mouse Glitch". Maybe it's not double click, but for sure something that my mouse was sending.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by db/sb
We need to have the ability to 'like' a post like some sites do......
We do up in the tool bar click on rate this thread.
Old 11-14-2015, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
We do up in the tool bar click on rate this thread.
I was thinking in terms of individual posts rather than rating the entire thread when I posted that nearly a year ago.......
Old 11-15-2015, 11:24 AM
Deceased

Originally Posted by db/sb
I was thinking in terms of individual posts rather than rating the entire thread when I posted that nearly a year ago.......
Duly noted, and possibly a feature to be added to the upcoming "ChevyHHR.net 2.0" set for a rollout in February 2016.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:48 AM

Ya can't win - posters in forums everywhere are always being chided for asking a question that was answered eleven years ago rather than spending the day combing the archives. The truth is, if everyone always did thorough searches, no one would ever need to ask a question and there would be no forum. You get more participation if you're tolerant of common questions, and SOMEONE will be willing to answer it, or refer the inquiry to the relevant archive they remember.

Love chevyhhr.net.
Old 11-26-2015, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Someone here will answer , the issue is some people ask a question of the OP who might not have been on this site in several years, but I'll always answer or find the answer to any questions old thread or new!
Old 11-21-2016, 02:00 PM

this would have been great to see a few hours ago before being threatened with a ban because i asked about an update on an old project..
Old 11-21-2016, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Now Gerald steady on, by the way welcome to the site

Quick Reply: Raising the Dead....