General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Rear cargo shelf

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 11:31 PM

I will try to get out to the junkyard this week.

If they have good prices on them I will see if they have extras 84.

I have no clue how to ship one but if it isnt to bad could maybe figure it out.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:04 PM

No wind this afternoon so here it is. I am sure many people here have made them so this one is nothing special. Left over moisture resistant sub flooring, left over pieces of 3/4 underground electrical pvc, stove head bolts & nuts left over from a cheap metal shelving unit I was throwing out, bag of 4 rubber 1" tips ($1.99 from the Depot), 2 bags of 3/4 pvc clamps (.69 a bag at Depot), Extra spray paint that was lying around, and $8 for a 4 foot piece of dark grey floor runner rubber backed carpet that I have to get a chance to cut and mount. Any one can make one. Pic 1 is of shelf, pic 2 is shelf turned over so you can see. The shelf also fits below if I want to use the original shelf up top. My shelf is lighter and thinner though. I use it upside down on the cargo floor If I need full back space.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:14 PM

I have zero tools to try and make anything. also I have zero talent to try.

I think junkyard is the way to go for me.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by 843de
I'm still looking for one here in Carolina, had a "Want" ad up in November for one, didn't get any nibbles, salvage yards around here have two answers when it comes to HHR's.

Answer #1...What's a HHR?

Answer #2...Oh we had one of them, or was it one of them Chrysler things.

A&P, if you ever want to part with that spare one of yours, shoot me a PM please.
I'll be keeping it, sooner or later i'll get back to the rear Audio and Subwoofer area and be doing my best to get it all under the floor in the spare tire well.

Still wanna make it Stealth for daily driving, but when opened for a car show, it looks car show worthy.

Best bet is stopping by all your local salvage yards. I see these back trays just laying there next to the HHR, people just toss it aside as they rip parts off the car.

Most yards won't even bother to list it as a part being sold. Put on your boots (usually muddy)and go walkin the yards that have an HHR in them. Chances are that tray is tossed either in the HHR or on the ground next to it.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:33 AM
Deceased

I'm not afraid to get muddy A&P, actually I prowl salvage yards just for fun, kinda fascinating what you'll find like a Hudson or a Henry J off in some forgotten corner.

But at least here in the Carolina Piedmont, deceased HHR's are just not in the salvage yards, or not in them when I go poking around. Now PT's are another story, the early ones are now of that "its more than its worth to fix it" age, so they're common as dirt.

Just thought I'd ask about your spare, but I can see your desire to hide the audio goodies from less than upstanding citizens.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:16 AM

Reading this, you guys made me want a second cargo tray so I went out this morning and found one. A small salvage yard where I picked up the rear seat for my panel had a black one to match my interior. $40. After looking online and seeing LKQ selling them for $150 I think I got a deal.

Looks like it is going to be pretty handy. Thanks for the idea guys.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:43 PM

extra rear shelf

I in stalled in my wife's and she loves it
Old 07-02-2015, 04:08 AM

I paid about $50.00 for my shelf. I got lucky it was the correct color. I wasn't going to be picky as the bottom one is hid by the factory carpet insert.