General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Rodents!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I wonder if your grandpa zapped my great grandparents? They might have been in Boston at some point.

Could be CH!
It was the wild west in those days!
Hey, Grampy coulda accidentally restructured your DNA? Who knows....

Actually it is the great American tradition to greet the new immigrants with some "Hazing" as some would call it. Still goes on today, well sorta........

Here's grampy Miller again, He don't look real happy and invitin' does he?

He was a card carrying Indian motorcycle guy and belonged to the Boston Motorcycle club around 1909.

Old 08-22-2006, 08:10 PM
Platinum Member

Really like this picture !!! I'm kind of a antique and vintage "nut". Noticed the sign for the gas...7 gals. for 95 cents....thinking it must have been the norm for tanks in those days.

Oh, because of the reaction of the dog, I don't even want to imagine what it would feel like using one of the urinals.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy

Really like this picture !!! I'm kind of a antique and vintage "nut". Noticed the sign for the gas...7 gals. for 95 cents....thinking it must have been the norm for tanks in those days.

Oh, because of the reaction of the dog, I don't even want to imagine what it would feel like using one of the urinals.

Yeah I can oly imagine, and I have not even seen the dog trick!

I'm a visual history kind of guy too. Likely inspired by my father and his father and his father. Lots of photographers in the family. I have stuff going back to tintypes in the 1850's. I want to scan it all, and should do more of it. Here is a small bit on one of my family galleries:

http://www.pbase.com/harpozep/millersinhull&page=all

Here is link to a larger version of the garage photo . Lots of detail and fun looking into this window to the past:
http://www.pbase.com/harpozep/image/10376421/original

This is my favorite from the thirties:

He has lots of bootlegging drinking pics from the twenties as well. He had quite a life before marrying my grandmother when he was in his late thirties.

Someone wrote me last week and says we are cousins and he found me through my picture gallery website! Kind of cool

I like to go back and rephotograph places. Here is my dad and his two sisters in 1932:

To your back if you were photographing it, lay the garage from the other photo. This was the apartments across the street from the garage where my family worked and lived. Yeah, six of them lived in a three room area behind the office. I hung out there when I was young too. People really made do with a lot less during those days.

Here is the same place photographed last week. I should have had the older photo with me as I would have shot it at the same angle, oh well:

Anyway, enjoy my stuff if it is of any interest. There will be a lot more come winter when I'm not modding a certain retro looking Chevy and huddle over a scanner and keyboard instead!