General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 06:17 PM

Seats

Hello, I have a 08 HHR panel LT with cloth interior and power seat. The more I drive this car the more uncomfortable the seat becomes. Has anyone experienced a problem with the HHR seats? If so what was the cure? The seam between the seat and side bolster is the area of discomfort. Does any of GM`s other cars have seats that interchange, or has anybody done a custom change. Thanks a lot.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:39 AM

I dont think anyone has found seats that fit without modifying the rails.
I think the best bet is to look for one of the performance seats out of an HHR SS, or at least try to sit in one in the dealership and see if its any better.
Or try one of those beaded seat covers that cabbies always use.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:30 AM

The only thing that kind of annoys me about the seats in the HHR is that the height adjustment doesn't go down very far. I'm kind of tall, and I'd like to have the seat adjust down more so that I don't have to duck to see the traffic lights when I'm waiting at an intersection. I thought perhaps some other seats might work. Not sure if there are any that would fit though.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:50 PM

The seat height has been addressed a few times. I agree with you about it being too high. I have yet to find a manufacturer that makes brackets for the HHR. I may be able to make some for a cobalt work, they're similar in design but with different proportions.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:20 PM

I'm 5'9" and have my seat lowered all the way and I don't have much spare headroom. Now I have a power sunroof so I figure that's stealing some of the headroom. I don't think I would have bought the car if I was much taller.........

Fred