General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Sunvisor Airbag Decal

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 07:30 PM

Does he have pemission?

Who knows? Maybe he does have an agreement with GM. I don't know and I don't care either....It's not my problem, and I would also bet that it isn't anyone from this forums problem either. Is there anyone actually worried if something will happen if they get caught with contraban sun visor stickers? Are the GM police going to come over and confiscate your decals?..... Maybe put you in sticker jail as well......

C'mon people, how did this simple sticker turn into some huge copyright debate? This is the reason why the same people post over and over, and why hardly any new people post different ideas or new mods. If you think I'm crazy, just look at some posts from people that actually tried something "new". It usually starts with "I was hesitant to post this". It's because 99% of the time it ends up in some kind of bashing by someone who doesn't have a clue.

BTW....... I see it didn't take him long to sell his 2nd set....only 30 minutes after this was first posted. Looks to me that somebody else "Aint Scared" either.... like Big Jim........
Old 11-16-2006, 07:44 PM
Platinum Member

Gosh people...

I'm not an attorney but, different colors, different car shape, different bow tie, different letters. Looks different to me .

Buy it, if you want it.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Founding Member

I just want the software template so I can print my own custom graphic!
Old 11-16-2006, 08:23 PM

I bought a set, "aint scared", HA!!! or get them quick before they are pulled!!!!

Thanks for the heads-up!!!

I bet they are not cleared by GM, but depending on popularity and the type of seller, probaly won't hit their radar.

Later,
Mark
Old 11-16-2006, 09:05 PM

so this is copyrighted too... you can find these at any graphics place in the mall
Old 11-16-2006, 09:21 PM

My biggest concern would be that the picture looks a bit pixelated. Hopefully that's just due to how the seller resized the image for the auction, and not how the product itself looks.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:31 AM

Copyrights

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
They care, they just don't go after everyone or even know about all who are stealing their copyrighted/trademarked material.

So why don't you just go ahead and start selling a bunch of stuff on ebay and see what happens. Most people never get caught, but the ones who do get caught are in for a load of crap!
AND YOU HAVE A LAW DEGREE FROM WHERE? I WOULD USE A DRAWING OF A CHEVY FOR A T SHIRT OR STICKER FOR MYSELF WITHOUT ANY CONCERN CHEVY WAS GOING TO COME AFTER ME. IT'S BEEN DONE FOR CENTURYS. THE PEOPLE WHO YOU SAY " ARE IN FOR A LOAD OF CRAP" ARE THE ONES TO DUMB TO STOP IF THEY ARE CAUGHT! SORRY GUY, I JUST THINK THIS IS NOT THAT BIG A DEAL. ps sorry for the all caps, no hidden meaning and i,m not mad at anybody. just a bad typist. my bad
Old 11-17-2006, 11:49 AM

Here is a recent article about Universal Pictures going after people using their images on t-shirts.
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20061029/230025.shtml
Old 11-17-2006, 12:03 PM

Big Jim, I say go ahead and sell 'em. The worse thing that could happen is that you would get a cease and desist, and IF that happened, all you would have to do is change the artwork a little and you could still print and sell them. More'n likely NOTHING will happen as this is not a big deal to them. just my humble opinion.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:03 PM

I've been watching this thread with quite a bit of interest. To qualify myself, I am the licensing director for a large university and deal a great deal with issues related to IP (Intellectual Property). Big Jim is 'correct' that you can use a picture of a Chevy on an item without too much risk. The problem with this sticker in particular is not the outline of the HHR but rather the use of the Chevrolet logo and the term 'HHR' since General Motors Corp. holds valid trademarks on both. To use these registered trademarks without permission is both theft and an infringement of the GM's right to choose how their trademarks are used.

Something to think about- purchases of illegal, unlicensed Chevrolet and HHR goods discourages vendors from creating licensed products and REDUCES our choices for legitimate, high quality parts by giving the thieves a competitive advantage (usually 5-15% of wholesale for royalties to use the marks).

Stealing is wrong. Whether it is a radio, wheels, music, computer or a trademark. They are all property of someone else that they have worked hard to create or purchase. You can rationalize all you want but you know it is wrong.

Quick Reply: Sunvisor Airbag Decal