General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Thinking about buying an HHR...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by tplyons
The biggest concern about the subwoofer is the mounting location. If it's tucked up out of the way, it shouldn't be a problem and I may pick up the upgraded system, but that's something I have to see first.

Don't think I'm going to be getting a sunroof, but my windows are only up if it's raining. I personally love windows rolled down in the winter with the heat cranked, really refreshing yet comfortable. My current sound system in a two seater cab can't handle the windows down over 40mph without farting, so I think just about anything will be better.

Looks like the 2.4L may be the way to go.

Is there any reason I should pick up the 2LT over the 1LT?
I expect you'll find the subwoofer's out of the way.

If you ride with your windows down a lot, I recommend you purchase SoCalHHR's new $8 product ASAP after (or even before!) buying the car. The door locks are a literal pain in the arm and I've had (and have) the bruises to prove it. Smoothie HHR Door Lock Knobs. It's a simple install.

2LT over 1LT? I bought the 2LT because it was a much better deal (once I added the options I 'needed' to the 1LT, it was about the same as the 2LT with not as much stuff). YMMV.

Good luck!
Old 04-22-2006, 04:16 PM

Alright, I'll probably pick up the Smoothie door lock knobs because I love the windows down. Can anyone take a picture of the subwoofer? I'm kind of curious how "out of the way" it really is.

Sheesh, this is getting expensive, I started off with a base model with only $800 of upgrades, and now I'm lookin at $20K :)
Old 04-22-2006, 04:26 PM
Banned

Old pic from before aftermarket subwoofer:
Name:  thegirls007.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  48.9 KB
Current pic with aftermarket subwoofer:
Name:  Picture237.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  38.4 KB
Old 04-22-2006, 04:49 PM

Sheesh, this is getting expensive, I started off with a base model with only $800 of upgrades, and now I'm lookin at $20K :)
Haha... yeah, that happens... I went all out on this car (not fully loaded-- almost --but I got everything I wanted, without compromise) and I don't regret it.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Old pic from before aftermarket subwoofer:

Current pic with aftermarket subwoofer:
Man, that certainly looks doable. I hate you all for making me spend more money
Old 04-22-2006, 05:26 PM
Banned

Is there any reason I should pick up the 2LT over the 1LT?
For me it was a no brainer. The 2LT had a lot of the options I would have paid for like the 2.4, fog lights, chrome package, Pioneer stereo system, and ABS, plus the one added bonus that only comes on 2LTs the sports tuned suspension with 17" rims. I knew I had to have a 2LT from the begining. When I went to the first dealership they had 3 1LTs in so the salesman convinced me to drive a 1LT with the 2.4. Then at the next dealership I drove a 2LT with the sports suspension and I knew that was the right one for me. I would say go with the 2LT. I have well equiped 2LT with almost every option and the sticker price was only $22,222.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:38 PM

I have the 2.2 1LT auto. I love my car/wagon/retro-hoopdy. I have the leather, 6 disc changer, moon roof, r/b's(A must!!!!),rear wing and I have no qualms about the way she drives. btw mine was under 20,000 with negotiations
Old 04-22-2006, 06:13 PM

I don't know how much of an increase in acceleration you get with the 2.4 over the 2.2, but the HHR is not a performance vehicle anyway. I think the extra HP will be noticeable when you are on the highway. I think the motor has to work less with the extra power. One option you should include is running boards!
Old 04-22-2006, 06:17 PM

Hey Welcome to our site. We just had our NJ meet today in the wonderful raining weather. I drive an 2LT with a 2.4 engine, with side curtain air bags, fog lights, rear spolier, premium sound with rear sub. Its a smooth ride. There is plenty of cargo space. If you do a lot of driving in Jersey and I read that your concerned about Gas MPG. Then the HHR is for you. I was driving Monday thru Friday from SI to Bridgewater, NJ for my old job which was 300 miles a week. I was AVG 25 to 27 MPG. I normally fill up on half a tank. Today I allowed my car to drop to its lowest and it cost 39.00 to fill it up at 2.75 a gallon for reg gas on Rt. 1
Old 04-22-2006, 06:18 PM

Hey, if there's another HHR meet in Jersey, let me know! I'll come out, would love to check them out!

Quick Reply: Thinking about buying an HHR...