General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Thinking about buying HHR, but after reading all the problems...I dunno

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 05:52 PM
JB1

Thinking about buying HHR, but after reading all the problems...I dunno

Okay Im a newbie to the HHR but not too Chevys. I currently drive a 2005 Chevy CrewCab and love it so when my wife decided she wanted a new car I thought great...lets get a 2007 HHR. We found one last night and WAS planning on buying Monday...however....after reading the tech forum about all the problems Im kinda leary about buying it.

Please help us decide...should we buy it?.......or should we not? (explain)

Thanks

btw...sorry for such a first serious thread, but I joined here to research and find more info....great forum.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:54 PM

Welcome to the site.

Which problems you are worried about?
Old 09-02-2006, 05:56 PM

the main gripes i have with mine are crappy brakes and the ac growll (havent had time to get fixed yet) but keep in mind the problems may be fixed with the 07's

id say get it
Old 09-02-2006, 06:07 PM
Banned

I copied myself from the other site but this pretty much sums my thoughts about it.

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Remember any of the so called problems you are reading about come from a very small percentage of owners. Think about the thousands of HHRs that have been made and then think about the few people that are complaining about a problem. When you put it in perspective they don't seem like such huge problems any more do they? With any new vehicle you are bound to have small issues, that's why you are given a warranty.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:08 PM
JB1

Well, I was concerned about the starting issues, electrical problems, AC noise, water leakage...etc
Old 09-02-2006, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by TX-HHR
Welcome to the site.

Which problems you are worried about?
Ecotec "piston slap"

Rear hatch not opening and denting at corners of emblem

Water leaks into the interior

Pulsing brakes

Electrical problems .. pinched harness under the seat, fuse panel, trans not shifting into gear

Paint blasting without running boards

A/C groan

roof paint peeling

Windshield suseptible to cracking with small pebbles

Radio squaks and pops

Excessively loud turn signal indicator........................
Old 09-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Banned

Who had roof paint peeling?
Old 09-02-2006, 06:14 PM

I agree with with the Capt. when you take into account the total number of new HHRs on the road and that they are a new model, the problems are minimal. Plus all of us first year owners have found all the things to look out for. I would be more worried about getting good reliable service from your local dealer than problems with the car itself...just my

I'd buy a second one in a heartbeat if my wife wanted one to replace her Explorer.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:18 PM
JB1

Originally Posted by TX-HHR
I agree with with the Capt. when you take into account the total number of new HHRs on the road and that they are a new model, the problems are minimal. Plus all of us first year owners have found all the things to look out for. I would be more worried about getting good reliable service from your local dealer than problems with the car itself...just my

I'd buy a second one in a heartbeat if my wife wanted one to replace her Explorer.
But all we know about is whats posted here...so its actually a greater percentage if you look at how many members out of 1700 have problems imo
Old 09-02-2006, 06:31 PM

9,280 miles on an '06 with no problems. Do have the AC growl though, but this is an easy fix. Just drove 180 miles @ 70 mph, got 31.8 mpg. The HHR is a winner for me!

Quick Reply: Thinking about buying HHR, but after reading all the problems...I dunno