General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Thinking about buying HHR, but after reading all the problems...I dunno

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 11:59 PM

Although we had troubles at first with the valves, and the AC, and it did take them forever ( they had it for over a month, right after we bought it) to fix the problems, they did fix the problems, and our HHR has run great ever since, and we love it. I'd buy one in a heartbeat! Mind you we are in Phoenix, bought the car in Chandler AZ where the service is great. Have taken it to different car dealers for work in the Phoenix area and refuse to do so again as they only messed it up in the very beginning. In fact we take it in for oil changes to Saturn where we use to take our Saturn wagon. We've had it serviced in Kalispell MT where we vacation every summer and where they treat us very well. Lucky for us we have not had problems since those initial problems. Even when we were having valve problems, the HHR didn't lose energy, it performed very well and never failed us, it was just making a ton of noise. We sure do love our HHR though. Our vote would be to go for it!
Old 05-30-2013, 03:15 PM
Banned

Thumbs down bad news bears......

Originally Posted by prs
Just wanted to jump in here with my two cents. I got my '06 HHR last February. Coming up on the one year anniversary. Car's loaded....has just about every option available. It's wierd. I love the car but I've had nothing but trouble with it since I got it and I'm starting to hate it.
1. Have the premium sound system. I'd start the car and (without the radio being on) would hear a loud static noise. Turn the radio on and it would go away.
2. Use the turn signal and the wipers would go on. Next Time I use the turn signal the radio (if it was off) would make the static sound.
3. Rear wiper stops in the middle of the window. Have to play with the switch to get it work again.
4. Major leak on the passenger side. This was fixed at the dealer.
5. Oxygen senor went bad. Replaced by the dealer
6. Put the key in to start it and it does nothing. Eventually it will start.
7. After reading this forum I checked my fuses/breakers and sure enough every one of them under the hood was loose. The ones in the interior were fine. But all my problems still exsist.
The really frustrating thing is that everytime I take it to the dealer for these issues they tell me that because the problems are intermittent and aren't always present when I bring it in they can't find what's wrong. I've even gone as far as to print out some of the posts from this forum to kinda help them along and give them a place to start looking but they can't seem to be bothered unless the problem is happening at the time.
Maybe I need to find another dealership. Thanks for letting me vent!
As an electrician, this sounds like a MAJOR electrical issue.....being that of either a previous flood vehicle or someone did some wiring on their own and made some major mistakes along the way. I would run the VIN through Car Fax to find out where it originated from, and have your local dealership do a full inspection for flood damage evidence. With issues like that, it sounds to me like there's some major corrosion going on with the electrical wiring &/or components. Really sounds to me like this just might be a flood vehicle. They are known to have electrical anomalies due to the damage done from the flood.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:50 PM
Premium Member

I have a problem with mine, I'm having trouble saving up enough money to buy my third one. The damn BMW (the ultimate driving machine) keeps needing fixin. What ever you do don't buy one of them.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:10 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Amy23Army
As an electrician, this sounds like a MAJOR electrical issue.....being that of either a previous flood vehicle or someone did some wiring on their own and made some major mistakes along the way. I would run the VIN through Car Fax to find out where it originated from, and have your local dealership do a full inspection for flood damage evidence. With issues like that, it sounds to me like there's some major corrosion going on with the electrical wiring &/or components. Really sounds to me like this just might be a flood vehicle. They are known to have electrical anomalies due to the damage done from the flood.
Ahhhh, the post you quoted and answered, was from 2007 and the OP hasn't been around for a long time. So he likely will never read it.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:13 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SS fan
I have a problem with mine, I'm having trouble saving up enough money to buy my third one.
Time to get the wife a second job? ;-) (I'll visit you in the hospital :-) )
Old 05-30-2013, 11:44 PM

my co worker has a 2007 hhr with 170,000 miles still going strong. he told me has normal maintence done to his pride of joy,,,,,,,,brakes,,tires,,oil changes,,tire rotate just normal stuff,, I own 3 2011 hhr's one white,,red,,black I got red , white one for my twin girls,,they are going to college, they are a early grad present just like ur average car ur going to have maintence,,, the only issue I've had is the air bags light comes on,,it was a loose wire,,connection,, that is it!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 04:13 AM

The transformer is a 2007 lt
Never had a serious problem
Going on 60,000 mile other than normal matenence
Like brakes & shocks had low Freon
One time dealer fix love my tf.
Jeff