General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Well, I was going to simply ignore them...but now I have to murder them all.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 08:48 AM
Premium Member

I hate that, when they catch me in their web, but I like what they eat even less, so I leave them alone to do their work. That little yeller one needs to go, I like the baking bag idea bomb them !!
Old 09-04-2011, 01:15 PM

Wasn't American and Proud trying to install a spider on his headliner? Maybe he will take them off your hands.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:48 PM

I would gladly ship them to him. Lol.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:29 PM

I've got bits of a spiderweb in my drivers side headlight...... Would have hated to been him the first time that light came on. Man...... what a way to go.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
I've got bits of a spiderweb in my drivers side headlight...... Would have hated to been him the first time that light came on. Man...... what a way to go.
Can we say retina burn!, ow and with 800 eyes that would suck.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:54 PM

Name:  IMAG1241.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  42.6 KB

Found out where the little bastards are shackin up.

They're in numerous nooks.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:04 PM

So, this "yellow sac spider" is compromising the fuel lines on Mazda vehicles. Why would it just be Mazdas affected by this spider then? All modern vehicles have the same type of equipment.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:18 PM

Very Common spider here on Long Island. Usually the end up in the oriface tubes on your barbque-blocking lines & causing fires. From time to time I find them crawling on our cars. Lucky for us no infestations...

I did however have a female black widow fall on me in my grandparents garage in Great Neck Long Island when I opened the overhead dooor. Scared the crap out of me and lucky for me as my arms were flailing about my head it was knocked to the floor. The impact broke the massive abdomin open and it tried crawling away. It had a white hourglass shap on it. Normally they have a red one.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by BlackknighT
Very Common spider here on Long Island. Usually the end up in the oriface tubes on your barbque-blocking lines & causing fires. From time to time I find them crawling on our cars. Lucky for us no infestations...

I did however have a female black widow fall on me in my grandparents garage in Great Neck Long Island when I opened the overhead dooor. Scared the crap out of me and lucky for me as my arms were flailing about my head it was knocked to the floor. The impact broke the massive abdomin open and it tried crawling away. It had a white hourglass shap on it. Normally they have a red one.
Black widow does have a red hourglass, the white hourglass is usually a recluse.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:34 PM

Northern Black Widow Spider
As designated by its name, the northern black widow spider is found primarily in the Northeast United States. They may live as far south as Florida, as far north as New York and as far west as Texas. Species of widow spiders are also occasionally transported in shipments of household goods to states outside of their natural range.

Northern black widows are primarily found in marginal land habitats with sparse vegetation, stumps, hollow logs and piles of debris. Northern black widow spiders are small arachnids and are rarely found indoors. However, they may enter human dwellings on piles of firewood brought inside.

Most adult female northern black widow spiders are shiny black in color, with rows of red spots atop the abdomen. Crosswise bars that resemble a red hourglass appear on the underside of the abdomen. However, some northern black widow spider specimens exhibit brown body coloration, red legs and white or yellow hourglass markings.

Mike-Same hourglass shape-very distinctive-just white. I wanted to keep it in a jar to show someone but when the abdomin broke open after hitting the cement driveway-it was all over...

Recluse has a violin pattern on head-not on LI as of yet. Hobo type possibly-but not the real thing. Lots of great looking huge colorful garden spiders & webs but they never bother anyone. They put a web up at night-then take them down in the moring in walkway areas so the don't get snagged. Smart spiders they are.

Mike

Quick Reply: Well, I was going to simply ignore them...but now I have to murder them all.